Background and activities
Professor of medical technology, with research interests in medical physics.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Monte Carlo linear accelerator simulation of megavoltage photon beams: Independent determination of initial beam parameters. Medical physics (Lancaster). vol. 39 (1).
- (2012) Monte Carlo study of in-field and out-of-field dose distributions from a linear accelerator operating with and without a flattening-filter. Medical physics (Lancaster). vol. 39 (8).
- (2011) Superficial doses in breast cancer radiotherapy using conventional and IMRT techniques: A film-based phantom study. Radiotherapy and Oncology. vol. 100 (2).
- (2009) Contralateral breast doses measured by film dosimetry: tangential techniques and an optimized IMRT technique. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 54 (15).
- (2008) Second-harmonic generation in collagen as a potential cancer diagnostic parameter. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 13 (5).
- (2008) Image correlation spectroscopy of multiphoton images correlates with collagen mechanical properties. Biophysical Journal. vol. 94.
- (2008) Macromolecular diffusion in the extracellular matrix measured by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 13 (5).
- (2006) Speckle noise in polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 6079.
- (2006) Quatitative measurements of flow velocity and direction using transversal Doppler optical coherence tomography. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 6079.
- (2006) Measurement of dye diffusion in scattering tissue phantoms using dual-wavelength low-coherence interferometry. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 11.
- (2005) Functional imaging of dye concentration in tissue phantoms by spectroscopic optical coherence tomography. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 10 (2).
- (2003) A measurement of dye diffusion in agar gel by use of low-coherence interferometry. Optics Letters. vol. 28 (14).
- (1998) Accuracy and noise in optical Doppler tomography studied by Monte Carlo simulation. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 43.
- (1998) Nuclear and mitochondrial splice forms of human uracil-DNA glycosylase contain a complex nuclear localization signal and a strong classical mitochondrial localizations signal, respectively. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 26 (20).
- (1998) Signal attenuation and localization in optical coherence tomography studied by Monte Carlo simulation. Physics in Medicine and Biology. vol. 43.
- (1997) A sequence in the N-terminal region of human uracil-DNA glycosylase with homology to XPA interacts with the C-terminal part of the 34-kDa subunit o replication protein A. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (1997) Reconstruction of doses and deposition in the western trace from the Chernobyl accident. Health Physics. vol. 72 (5).
- (1996) Fading correction for fluorescence quantitation in confocal microscopy. Cytometry.
- (1996) Analyte and label binding assay read by flow cytometry. Clinical Chemistry. vol. 42 (10).
Part of book/report
- (2005) Utviklingen av fagområdet medisinsk teknologi. Det medisinske fakultet. Forskning og utdanning gjennom 30 år.