Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) “They take care of their own”: Healthcare professionals’ constructions of Sami persons with dementia and their families’ reluctance to seek and accept help through attributions to multiple contexts. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. vol. 76 (1).
- (2017) "When the saints go marching in": constructions of senior volunteering in Norwegian government white papers, and in Norwegian senior volunteers’ and health-care professionals’ stories. Ageing & Society.
- (2017) "There are more things in heaven and earth!" How knowledge about traditional healing affects clinical practice: Interviews with conventional health personnel. International Journal of Circumpolar Health. vol. 76.
- (2017) Processes of user participation among formal and Family caregivers in home-based care for persons with dementia. Dementia. vol. 16 (2).
- (2016) Stroke survivors’ and relatives’ negotiation of relational and activity changes: A qualitative study. Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy. vol. 23 (1).
- (2016) Collaboration between Sami and non-Sami formal and family caregivers in rural municipalities. Ethnic and Racial Studies. vol. 39 (5).
- (2016) Continuity of home-based care for persons with dementia from formal and family caregivers’ perspective. Dementia.
- (2015) Long-term recovery trajectory after stroke: an ongoing negotiation between body, participation and self. Disability and Rehabilitation. vol. 37 (18).
- (2015) Rehabiliteringsforløp etter hjerneslag. Geriatrisk sykepleie. vol. 7 (3).
- (2015) Body, participation and self transformations during and after in-patient stroke rehabilitation. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research. vol. 17 (4).
- (2015) Roads not taken: A narrative positioning analysis of older adults' stories about missed opportunities. Journal of Aging Studies. vol. 35.
- (2015) Deciding to apply for, receiving and starting to use assistive technology devices - an enigmatic journey: - A qualitative study of the experiences of older individuals. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 217.
- (2014) Exploring the meaning of a new assistive technology device for older individuals. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology. vol. 9 (6).
- (2014) Older individuals’ experiences during the assistive technology device service delivery process. Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy. vol. 21 (4).
- (2014) Mellom profesjonell og folkelig kunnskap. En kvalitativ studie av helsepersonell sin kunnskap om håndtering av "læsing" i en norsk-samisk kommune. Vård i Norden. vol. 34 (4).
- (2014) Samarbeidsutfordringer i kommunehelsetjenesten. Fysioterapeuten. vol. 81 (9).
- (2013) Struggles of being and becoming: A dialogical narrative analysis of the life stories of Sami elderly. Journal of Aging Studies. vol. 27 (3).
- (2013) "The Old Sami" - who is he and how should he be cared for? A discourse analysis of Norwegian policy documents regarding care services for elderly Sami. Acta Borealia. vol. 30 (1).
- (2012) Indigenous Life Stories as Narratives of Health and Resistance: A dialogical narrative analysis. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research. vol. 44 (2).
- (2012) "Do I need it? Do I really need it?" Elderly peoples experience of unmet assistive technology device needs. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology. vol. 8 (4).