Torunn Stene Nøvik
Background and activities
MD, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Master of Public Health, University of Hawaii at Manoa
PhD, University of Oslo
Consultant child & adolescent psychiatrist, Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, St. Olav University Hospital
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Psychometric properties of the Weiss Functional Impairment Rating Scale parent and self-reports in a Norwegian clinical sample of adolescents treated for ADHD. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2020) Er kognitiv atferdsterapi i gruppe god behandling for ungdom med ADHD?. BestPractice Psykiatri/Nevrologi/Geriatri.
- (2020) Cognitive-behavioural group therapy for adolescents with ADHD: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (e032839).
- (2018) Quality of Life, family function and mental health of deaf and hard-of-hearing adolescents in mental health services in Norway - a pilot study. International Journal on Mental Health and Deafness. vol. 4 (1).
- (2018) Kunnskapsoppsummering: effekt av tiltak for bipolar lidelse hos barn og unge. Tiltakshåndboka: oppsummert forskning om effekt av tiltak for barn og unges psykiske helse.
- (2016) The Impact of Coexisting Emotional and Conduct Problems on Family Functioning and Quality of Life Among Adolescents With ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 20 (5).
- (2015) The association between aggressive and non-aggressive antisocial problems as measured with the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment: A study of 27,861 parent-adolescent dyads from 25 societies. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 85.
- (2015) Improved quality of life among adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is mediated by protective factors: A cross sectional survey. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 15 (108).
- (2015) What predicts a good adolescent to adult transition in ADHD? The role of self-reported resilience. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 22 (6).
- (2014) Sixteen-year comparisons of parent-reported emotional and behaviour problems and competencies in Norwegian children aged 7-9 years. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 68 (3).
- (2013) Cross-Informant Agreement Between Parent-Reported and Adolescent Self-Reported Problems in 25 Societies. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology. vol. 42 (2).
- (2013) The Impact of Coexisting Emotional and Conduct Problems on Family Functioning and Quality of Life Among Adolescents With ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2012) Kan vi diagnostisere bipolar lidelse hos barn og unge?. BestPractice Psykiatri/Nevrologi/Geriatri.
- (2007) Testing the 8-syndrome structure of the child behavior checklist in 30 societies. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology. vol. 36 (3).
- (2006) Influence of gender on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in Europe--ADORE. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 15.
- (2006) Co-existing psychiatric problems in ADHD in the ADORE cohort. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 15.
- (2000) Child Behavior Checklist item scores in Norwegian children. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 9 (1).
- (1999) Validity of the Child Behaviour Checklist in a Norwegian sample. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 8 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2011) ADHD hos piger. ADHD - Livslange perspektiver og særlige behov.
- (1999) Validity and use of the Child Behavior Checklist in Norwegian Children and Adolescents.An epidemiological and clinical study. 1999.
- (2019) The Weiss Functional Impairment Rating Scale-Psychometric properties in a Norwegian clinical sample of adolescents with ADHD. The 7th World Congress of ADHD . World Federation of ADHD; Lisboa. 2019-04-25 - 2019-04-28.
- (2016) Cognitive Behavior Group Therapy in Adolescents With Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02937142.
- (2016) Risk factors for bipolar disorder in young adulthood: a three-year follow-up study of a clinical sample. Nordic Child and Adolescent Research Meeting (NordCAP) . Center of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Karolinska Institute; Stockholm. 2016-09-15 - 2016-09-16.
- (2012) Adolescents diagnosed with neuropsychiatric disorders: Quality of Life and psychosocial functioning in a multi-informant perspective. Internasjonal konferanse i barne og ungdomspsykiatri . IACAPAP; Paris. 2012-07-21 - 2012-07-25.