Background and activities
I am a PhD candidate at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering working in the research group Inorganic Materials and Ceramics.
I have a Master's degree within Industrial Chemistry and Biotechnology with a specialization in material science. During my theis work I studiet the ferroelectric material strontium barium niobate (SrxBa1-xNb2O6), and how dielectric properties dependend on thermal history.
Now I work on a project with the overall goal to increase the productivity and reduce the energy consumption related primary production of aluminium. The project is a collaboration between the research partners NTNU and SINTEF, and the industry partners Alcoa Norway, Hydro, Elkem Carbon og Skamol. It is also partly funded by the Research Council of Norway. My task within this project is to study refractory materials used in carbon anode firing kilns, and how/why these materials degrade during use.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) In situ monitoring of pit gas composition during baking of anodes for aluminum electrolysis. Metallurgical and materials transactions. B, process metallurgy and materials processing science. vol. 50 (2).
- (2019) Autopsy of refractory lining in anode kilns with open and closed design. International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology. vol. 16 (2).
- (2018) A study of anode baking gas composition. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2018) Implications of water cooling of green anodes during anode baking – a thermodynamic study. The International Committee for Study of Bauxite, Alumina & Aluminium Conference Proceedings.
- (2017) Investigation of Spent Refractory Lining in an Anode Baking Furnace. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2016) A Thermodynamic Assessment of the Chemical Durability of Refractory Lining in Anode Baking Furnaces. The International Committee for Study of Bauxite, Alumina & Aluminium Conference Proceedings.
- (2019) Degradation of Refractory Lining in Carbon Anode Baking Furnaces. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-4277-9. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2019:340).
- (2015) Ferroelectric Transitions in strontium barium niobate. 2015.