Trygve Olav Fossum
Background and activities
Please visit my research page to see my latest work: https://sites.google.com/view/research-trygve
My research is rooted in ocean observation and monitoring using intelligent robotics. Specifically, we aim to extend the data collection capabilities for robotic platforms such as autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) using spatial statistics, machine learning, and artifical intelligence. More on this can be read in the preliminary report here: http://folk.ntnu.no/trygveol/AUV_Report_Trygve_Fossum_2016.pdf
ENTiCE - (2016 - 2018). SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture led project, that aims to increase understanding of the dynamic coastal waters in Norway, both physically and ecological. ENTiCE partners with the Scottish Association for Marine Sciences (SAMS). http://www.sintef.no/en/projects/entice/
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Toward adaptive robotic sampling of phytoplankton in the coastal ocean. Science robotics. vol. 4 (27).
- (2019) Compact models for adaptive sampling in marine robotics. The international journal of robotics research. vol. 39 (1).
- (2019) Physical controls on phytoplankton size structure, photophysiology and suspended particles in a Norwegian biological hotspot. Progress in Oceanography. vol. 175.
- (2018) Adaptive Sampling of Ocean Processes Using an AUV with a Gaussian Proxy Model. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (29).
- (2018) Information-driven robotic sampling in the coastal ocean. Journal of Field Robotics. vol. 35 (7).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Autonomous Optical Survey Based on Unsupervised Segmentation of Acoustic Backscatter. Proceedings of MTS/IEEE Oceans'18, Techno-Ocean 2018 - OTO'18.
- (2016) Autonomous Robotic Intervention Using ROV: An Experimental Approach. OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey.
- (2016) Network of heterogeneous autonomous vehicles for marine research and management. OCEANS 2016 MTS/IEEE Monterey.