Background and activities
Discipline / work area
I work with characterization of the material- and waveguiding properties of semiconductor-core optical fibers. These fibers can be used as optical components due their strong non-linear properties, not shared by conventional glass fibers. The semiconductors also allow waveguiding of THz radiation. THz radiation denotes the frequency range between infrared light and microwaves, where there is a substantial lack of conventionaly available technology. Development of efficient waveguides can help fill this gap.
Spring 2017/2018/2019 TFY4190, Instrumentation - Lab assistant
Fall 2017/2018/2019 TFY4185, Measurement techniques - Lab assistant
- THz spectroscopy
- Fiber optics
Practical teaching education, University of Oslo (2016)
M.Sc. in Physics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (2015)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) All-optical high-speed modulation of THz transmission through silicon core optical fibers. Optics Express. vol. 29 (3).
- (2020) Terahertz waveguiding in glass-clad silicon wafers. Optical Materials Express. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) Broadband infrared and THz transmitting silicon core optical fiber. Optical Materials Express. vol. 10 (10).
- (2019) Time-domain spectroscopy of KTiOPO4 in the frequency range 0.6 - 7.0 THz. OSA Continuum. vol. 2 (12).
- (2016) Terahertz imaging of composite materials in reflection and transmission mode with a time-domain spectroscopy system. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9747.