Tuan Anh Tran
Background and activities
Tuan Anh Tran is a Ph.D. student at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering in the research group of Design, Analysis, and Manufacturing. His research topic is in integrated knowledge-driven systems, focusing on the transition between CAD and CAM and robotic welding of products with high variation. His research is supervised by Associate Professor Andrei Lobov.
Research Funding and Projects
Tuan's work is funded by the Research Council of Norway Project 295138, Robotic Welding for Shipbuilding with Aluminium Hulls. The aim of the project is to develop methods and technology for digital design and production of maritime aluminum structures. In particular, the implementation of digital design systems and robotic welding of aluminium.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) CAD integrated automatic recognition of weld paths. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. vol. 115.
- (2020) Object-oriented approach to product design using extended NX Open API. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 51.
- (2020) Formalization of engineering knowledge for industrial robots using Knowledge Fusion language. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 51.
- (2020) Automatic weld path definition in CAD. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 51.
- (2020) Ontology-based model generation to support customizable KBE frameworks. Procedia Manufacturing. vol. 51.