Turid Lingaas Holmen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Impact of snus use in teenage boys on tobacco use in young adulthood; a cohort from the HUNT Study Norway. BMC Public Health. vol. 19 (1).
- (2019) Suicidal ideation in relation to disordered eating, body size and weight perception: a cross-sectional study of a Norwegian adolescent population - The HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e029809 (7).
- (2018) Epigenome-wide methylation differences in a group of lean and obese women – A HUNT Study. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Implications of parental lifestyle changes and education level on adolescent offspring weight: a population based cohort study - The HUNT Study, Norway. BMJ Open. vol. 8 (8).
- (2018) Associations between parental polygenic obesity risk and offspring`s weight at birth, early and late adolescence - The HUNT Study, Norway. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2018) Impact of eating disorders on obstetric outcomes in a large clinical sample: A comparison with the HUNT study. International Journal of Eating Disorders.
- (2018) Is self-rated health in adolescence a predictor of prescribed medication in adulthood? Findings from the Nord Trøndelag Health Study and the Norwegian Prescription Database. SSM - Population Health. vol. 4.
- (2017) Patterns of sitting and mortality in the Nord-Trøndelag health study (HUNT). International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. vol. 14:8.
- (2017) Multiple lifestyle behaviours and mortality, findings from a large population-based Norwegian cohort study - The HUNT Study. BMC Public Health. vol. 17 (58).
- (2017) Effects of single genetic variants and polygenic obesity risk scores on disordered eating in adolescentseThe HUNT study. Appetite. vol. 118.
- (2017) Suicidal ideation amongst adolescent suffering from disordered eating: The Young-HUNT study. European psychiatry. vol. 41.
- (2016) Blood pressure changes during 22-year of follow-up in large general population - the HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. vol. 16.
- (2016) Global lung function initiative 2012 reference equations for spirometry in the Norwegian population. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 48 (6).
- (2016) Intergenerational transmission of overweight and obesity from parents to their adolescent offspring - The HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (11).
- (2015) The relationship of anxiety, depression and behavioral problems with recurrent headache in late adolescence - a Young-HUNT follow-up study. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 16:10.
- (2015) Sedentary behaviour and risk of mortality from all-causes and cardiometabolic diseases in adults: Evidence from the HUNT3 population cohort. British Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 49 (11).
- (2015) Longitudinal associations between asthma and general and abdominal weight status among Norwegian adolescents and young adults: The HUNT Study. Pediatric Obesity. vol. 10 (5).
- (2015) Cultural activity participation and associations with self-perceived health, life-satisfaction and mental health: the Young HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Public Health. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Intergenerational Hazardous Alcohol Use and Area Factors: The HUNT Study, Norway. Substance Use & Misuse. vol. 50 (14).
- (2015) Genetic Effects on Longitudinal Changes from Healthy to Adverse Weight and Metabolic Status—The HUNT Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (10).