Background and activities
I am a Postdoctoral researcher working on application of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to the flow of metal and slag in an industrial scale submerged arc furnace (SAF) during tapping.
- Ph.D. in Fluid Mechanics from Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (2019).
- Masters in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India (2014).
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering from GGSIP University, New Delhi, India (2012).
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Multiphase Flows
- Turbulent Flows
- Particle Tracking
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Loomba, V., Huber, G., & von Lieres, E. (2018). Single-cell computational analysis of light harvesting in a flat-panel photo-bioreactor. Biotechnology for biofuels, 11(1), 149.
- Morschett, H., Loomba, V., Huber, G., Wiechert, W., von Lieres, E., & Oldiges, M. (2018). Laboratory-scale photobiotechnology—current trends and future perspectives. FEMS microbiology letters, 365(1), fnx238.
- Sarkar, J., Shekhawat, L. K., Loomba, V., & Rathore, A. S. (2016). CFD of mixing of multi‐phase flow in a bioreactor using population balance model. Biotechnology progress, 32(3), 613-628.
- Rathore, A. S., Shekhawat, L. K., & Loomba, V. (2016). Computational fluid dynamics for bioreactor design. Edited by Carl-Fredrik Mandenius.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database