Background and activities
9 August, 1988
English, Russian, Chinese, Tagalog, Belarusian
Scopus Author ID:
РИНЦ Author ID:
751099, [SPIN-code] 7383-7899 (h-index=6)
- 2018 Candidate of Sciences in Theoretical Physics (01.04.02), B.I. Stepanov Institute of Physics of NASB, Minsk, Belarus. [pdf]
- 2017 PhD in Physics, University of Exeter, College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, Exeter, UK. http://hdl.handle.net/10871/28863
- 2012 M.Sc. in Physics, Belarusian State University, Physics Department, Minsk, Belarus.
- 2011 M.Phys. (Engineer-Physicist), Belarusian State University, Physics Department, Minsk, Belarus.
International research visits
- University of Southampton, School of Physics and Astronomy, Laboratory for Hybrid Optoelectronics: 01/08/2011-30/09/2011 – project ”Engineering nonlinearities in organic semiconductor microcavities”, supervisor: Prof. Pavlos Lagoudakis; [funded by IAESTE UK].
- Emanuel Institute of Biochemical Physics, Russian Academy of Science: 01/10-30/11/2013 – project “Modeling of the structure and properties of asymmetrical edge-corrugated graphene nanoribbons”, supervisor Prof. Leonid Chernozatonskii; [funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research grant “РФФИ № 13-02-90919”].
- University of Namur: 02/06/-30/06/2014 – project “Electromagnetic properties of graphene”, supervisor Prof. Philippe Lambin; [funded by EU FP7 project FAEMCAR (FP7-318617)].
- University of Picardy Jules Verne: 03-04/2015 – project “Optical properties of silicene and bilayer graphene nanoclusters”, supervisor Prof. Igor Lukyanchuk; [funded by EU FP7 ITN NOTEDEV (FP7-607521)].
- University of Iceland: 04/2017 – project “Brightening of the excitonic ground state in carbon nanotubes in the strong light-matter coupling regime”, supervisor Prof. Ivan Shelykh; [funded by EU FP7 ITN NOTEDEV (FP7-607521)].
- University of Rome Tor Vergata: 04-05/2018 – project “Optical properties of finite-length chevron-type graphene nannoribbons”, supervisor Prof. Olivia Pulci; [funded by EU H2020 RISE COEXAN (H2020-644076)].
- MBN Research Center: 02/07-02/08/2018 – project “Multiscale modeling of carbon nanostructures with MBN Explorer and MBN Studio 3.0”, supervisor Prof. Andrey V. Solov'yov; [funded by EU H2020 RISE PEARL, (H2020-690991)].
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research, “Modeling of the structure and properties of asymmetrical edge-corrugated graphene nanoribbons”, "мол_ин_нр" РФФИ № 13-02-90919, 01/10-30/11/2013, (RUR 140,000)[role:PI]
- Grant of the Ministry of Education of The Republic of Belarus “Electromagnetic wave retardation in system of two graphene nanoribbons”, 02-12/2014, (BYR 40,000,000) [role:PI]
- Belarusian State University Fellowship “The influence of width vector direction on electronic properties of edge-modified zigzag-shaped graphene nanoribbons”, 02-12/2014, (BYR 1,900,000) [role:PI]
- Research Institute for Nuclear Problems, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus: 01/02/2010-30/06/2011 – Laboratorian; 17/07/2011–31/07/2012 – Engineer; 01/08/2012–31/03/2014 – Junior Research Assistant; 01/04/2014–31/01/2018 – Junior Researcher; 01/02/2018– 20/11/2018 – Researcher.
- University of Exeter, College of Engineering, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Exeter, UK: 04/08/2014–03/08/2017 – Early Stage Researcher
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Department of Physics, Trondheim, Norway: 28/11/2018 - present Post Doctoral Researcher.
- Belarusian State University, Physics Department, Minsk, Belarus: 02-05/2013 – Labs in Nuclear Physics.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Physics, Trondheim, Norway: Spring semester 2020 – Lecturer in Nanophysics course (Quantum Hall effect).
Supervision of master and doctoral students
- University of Exeter, College of Engineering, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Exeter, UK: 06/2015-06/2017 – Master Thesis: Robert Keens, co-supervision with Prof. M.E. Portnoi.
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Department of Physics, Trondheim, Norway: 12/2018-05/2019 – Master Thesis: Ola Neilsen Estensen, co-supervision with Prof. J.Danon.
- De La Salle University, College of Science, Physics Department, Manila, Philippines: 11/2018-present – PhD Thesis: Renebeth B. Payod, co-adviser with Prof. Gil Nonato C. Santos.
Development of higher educational courses
- Didactic materials on Transfer Matrix Method for the University of Exeter course PHY3062 Methods of Theoretical Physics read by Prof M.E. Portnoi: 06-09/2016. http://vle.exeter.ac.uk/course/info.php?id=2053, [pdf].
CERTIFICATES AND AWARDS
- 2016 - Best Poster Award at Nanostructures for Photonics International Summer School and Workshop, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 27 June - 02 July.
- 2017 - LTHE Stage 1, University of Exeter Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Programme.
- 2017 - Certificate of Appreciation for serving as a reviewer for Journal of Nanophotonics.
- 2018 - Certificate of Appreciation for serving as a reviewer for Journal of Nanophotonics.
Electronics, spintronics, nanophotonics and nanoplasmonics of low-dimensional materials.
M.E. Portnoi , Candidate of Sciences, Ph.D, Associate Professor, University of Exeter, College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, Exeter, UK.
J. Danon , Ph.D, Associate Professor, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Physics, Trondheim, Norway.
L.A. Chernozatonskii, Doctor of Sciences, Professor, Head of nanomaterial modelling group, Emanuel Institute of Biochemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia.
K.G. Batrakov, Candidate of Sciences, Associate Professor, Belarussian State University, Minsk, Belarus.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Interaction of hydrated metals with chemically modified hexagonal boron nitride quantum dots: wastewater treatment and water splitting. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 22.
- (2020) Study of a New Type of Crimped-Shape Nanotubes Cut from Bilayer Graphene with the Moiré Angle Θ = 27.8°. JETP Letters : Journal of Experimental And Theoretical Physics Letters. vol. 111 (7).
- (2020) 2N+4-rule and an atlas of bulk optical resonances of zigzag graphene nanoribbons. Nature Communications. vol. 11 (1).
- (2019) Stability and electronic properties of edge functionalized silicene quantum dots: A first principles study. Physica. E, Low-Dimensional systems and nanostructures. vol. 108.
- (2019) Edge functionalization of finite graphene nanoribbon superlattices. Superlattices and Microstructures. vol. 129.
- (2019) Phosphorene quantum dot electronic properties and gas sensing. Physica. E, Low-Dimensional systems and nanostructures. vol. 107.
- (2019) Interband transitions in narrow-gap carbon nanotubes and graphene nanoribbons. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 125 (15).
- (2019) Ab Initio Study of Absorption Resonance Correlations between Nanotubes and Nanoribbons of Graphene and Hexagonal Boron Nitride. Semiconductors (Woodbury, N.Y.). vol. 53 (14).
- (2019) Strong light-matter coupling in carbon nanotubes as a route to exciton brightening. ACS Photonics. vol. 6 (4).
- (2018) Multilayer phosphorene quantum dots in an electric field: Energy levels and optical absorption. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 124 (12).
- (2018) Absorption in Finite-Length Chevron-Type Graphene Nanoribbons. Semiconductors (Woodbury, N.Y.). vol. 52 (14).
- (2018) Hidden correlation between absorption peaks in achiral carbon nanotubes and nanoribbons. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. vol. 22 (8).
- (2017) Tuning terahertz transitions in a double-gated quantum ring. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (23).
- (2017) Electro-optical properties of phoshorene quantum dots. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (8).
- (2017) Optical selection rules of zigzag graphene nanoribbons. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 95 (15).
- (2016) Electro-absorption of silicene and bilayer graphene quantum dots. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 120 (1).
- (2016) Zigzag-Shaped Superlattices on the Basis of Graphene Nanoribbons: Structure and Electronic Properties. Russian Physics Journal. vol. 59 (5).
- (2015) Band gaps in jagged and straight graphene nanoribbons tunable by an external electric field. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 27 (14).
- (2014) Edge-modified zigzag-shaped graphene nanoribbons: structure and electronic properties. Physics of the solid state. vol. 56 (10).
- (2012) Plasmon polariton deceleration in graphene structures. Journal of Nanophotonics. vol. 6 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Terahertz Applications of Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene Nanoribbons. 2015 IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI).