Background and activities
I am senior engineer at the Section for Applied Physics, NTNU IFY. My primary task is to provide assistance in experimental work such as optical measurement, data acquisition, programming, thin film deposition and other types of research based activities.
I have strong skills in instrumentation and programming languages such as Python, C, Matlab, Fortran. Furthermore, I have experience in quasi-optical experiments and microwave design techniques.
I am electronics engineer from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). After I received my masters degree I was employed in a telecommunication company as an RF engineer. In my next job I worked with plasma diagnostics at Risø National Laboratory, Denmark. I was awarded a PhD degree at Risø and afterwards a post doc at the University of Chalmers working on active and passive microwave integrated circuit design and simulations.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Spectral-luminescent properties of vapor deposited Cr:ZnS thin films and their application as saturable absorbers for 1.5-um erbium lasers. Optical Materials Express. vol. 8 (3).
- (2017) Structure and Optical Properties of Titania-PDMS Hybrid Nanocomposites Prepared by In Situ Non-Aqueous Synthesis. Nanomaterials. vol. 7 (12).
- (2016) Vapor deposited Cr-doped ZnS thin films: Towards optically pumped mid-infrared waveguide lasers. Optical Materials Express. vol. 6 (9).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Er,Yb:GdAl3(BO3)4 laser passively Q-switched by MBE-grown Cr:ZnS thin films. CLEO/Europe 2017 Technical digest.
- (2016) Optical Coatings as Active Media for Mid-Infrared lasers. Optical Interference Coatings 2016, Technical Digest.
- (2016) Towards Mid-IR Waveguide Lasers: Transition Metal Doped ZnS Thin Films. 2016 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), San Jose; United States, 5-10 June 2016.