Background and activities
I am currently doing research upon the use of strength training as a tool in the rehabilitation of chronic pain in the neck and lower back.
Current research project :
I am currently involved in a research project designed to increase the knowledge about, and hopefully improve, the rehabilitation process of patients with long lasting pain in the neck and/or low back. The study will be two randomized, controlled trials, and is scheduled to start during the autumn 2014. The primary purpose is to investigate whether intensive strength training can result in changes in pain, disability, quality of life, general functioning and work ability for the relevant patient group.
Quantitative methods will be used, and outcomes will be assessed using a combination of questionnaires and objective tests.
Please do not hesitate to contact me by mail if you have any questions regarding the project.
Education and work experience:
2014 - PhD candidate at NTNU
2012-2014 : Fagkoordinator at Hysnes Helsefort
2010-2012 : Personal trainer at Elixia Teglgården
2007-2009 : MSc in Exercise Physiology and Sport Science, NTNU
2004-2007 : BSc Sport and Movement Science with a second major in psychology, NTNU
Other areas of interest :
• Strength training and martial arts ( Brazilian Jiu Jitsu )
• Outdoors life
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Muscle activity in upper-body single-joint resistance exercises with elastic resistance bands vs. free weights. Journal of Human Kinetics.
- (2017) ELECTROMYOGRAPHIC COMPARISON OF BARBELL DEADLIFT, HEX BAR DEADLIFT AND HIP THRUST EXERCISES: A CROSS-OVER STUDY. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
- (2017) Multiple-joint exercises using elastic resistance bands vs. conventional resistance-training equipment: A cross-over study. European Journal of Sport Science. vol. 17 (8).
- (2017) Resistance training in addition to multidisciplinary rehabilitation for patients with chronic pain in the low back: Study protocol. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications. vol. 6.
- (2013) Structural brain changes after 4 wk of unilateral strength training of the lower limb. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 115 (2).
- (2011) Test-Retest Reliability of V-Wave Responses in the Soleus and Gastrocnemius Medialis. Journal of clinical neurophysiology. vol. 28 (2).
- (2009) Neural adaptations underlying cross-education after unilateral strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 107 (6).