Background and activities
Personal webpage: www.verenahagspiel.com
2018 – current Professor, Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
2013 – 2018 Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
2012 – 2013 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Operations, HEC, Université de Lausanne;
2011 - 2012 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, Instituto Superior Técnico and CEMAT, University of Lisbon.
2008 – 2011 PhD Economics, Tilburg University, The Netherlands;
2003 – 2008 Dipl.-Ing. (5-year degree) Technical Mathematics, Technische Universität Graz, Austria;
2006 – 2007 MSc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Sciences, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
Semyon Fedorov, main supervisor, NTNU (Sep 2018 - )
Tord Olsen, main supervisor, NTNU (Aug 2018 - )
Roel Nagy, main supervisor, NTNU (Feb 2018 - )
Several master theses at NTNU
Investment under uncertainty in the future energy system: The role of expectations and learning (InvestExL), Competence building project with industry (ENERGIX-program of the Research Council of Norway), 2017-2020, (Project leader).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Capacity optimization of an innovating firm. International Journal of Production Economics. vol. 233.
- (2020) Technology adoption in a declining market. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 285 (1).
- (2020) Green investment under time-dependent subsidy retraction risk. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
- (2020) Optimal timing and capacity choice under the rate-of-return renewable energy support. MethodsX. vol. 7.
- (2020) Optimal Risk Adoption and Capacity Investment in Disruptive Innovations. Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- (2019) Green Electricity Investments: Environmental Target and the Optimal Subsidy. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 279.
- (2019) Optimal investment decisions in lice-fighting technologies: A case study in Norway. Aquaculture. vol. 504.
- (2019) Investment timing and capacity choice under rate-of-return regulation for renewable energy support. Energy.
- (2018) Valuing Supply-Chain Responsiveness under Demand Jumps. Journal of Operations Management. vol. 61.
- (2018) Green investment under policy uncertainty and Bayesian learning. Energy. vol. 161.
- (2018) The impact of Norwegian-Swedish green certificate scheme on investment behavior: A wind energy case study. Energy Policy. vol. 123.
- (2018) Real options under technological uncertainty: A case study of investment in a post-smolt facility in Norway. Marine Policy. vol. 88.
- (2018) Switching from Oil to Gas Production in a Depleting Field. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 271 (2).
- (2016) Investment in mutually exclusive transmission projects under policy uncertainty. Journal of Commodity Markets. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Investment in electric energy storage under uncertainty: a real options approach. Computational Management Science. vol. 13 (3).
- (2016) Valuing quantity flexibility under supply chain disintermediation risk. International Journal of Production Economics. vol. 180.
- (2016) Stepwise Green Investment under Policy Uncertainty. Energy Journal. vol. 37 (4).
- (2016) Stepwise investment and capacity sizing under uncertainty. OR Spectrum: quantitative approaches in management. vol. 39 (2).
- (2016) Volume Flexibility and Capacity Investment under Demand Uncertainty. International Journal of Production Economics. vol. 178.
- (2016) How to Escape a Declining Market: Capacity Investment or Exit?. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 254 (1).