Virginia Conde Ruiz
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Brain Damage by Trauma. Handbook of Clinical Neurology. vol. 168.
- (2020) Toward a global and reproducible science for brain imaging in neurotrauma: the ENIGMA adult moderate/severe traumatic brain injury working group. Brain Imaging and Behavior.
- (2019) Limited colocalization of microbleeds and microstructural changes after severe traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 37.
- (2019) The non-transcranial TMS-evoked potential is an inherent source of ambiguity in TMS-EEG studies. NeuroImage. vol. 185.
- (2017) Alterations in the brain's connectome during recovery from severe traumatic brain injury: protocol for a longitudinal prospective study. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (6).
- (2014) Structural brain plasticity in Parkinson's disease induced by balance training. Neurobiology of Aging.
- (2014) Instrument specific use-dependent plasticity shapes the anatomical properties of the corpus callosum: a comparison between musicians and non-musicians. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience.
- (2013) Study of Cerebello-Thalamocortical Pathway by Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Parkinson's Disease. Brain Stimulation.
- (2013) Abnormal GABA-mediated and cerebellar inhibition in women with the fragile X premutation. Journal of Neurophysiology. vol. 109 (5).
- (2013) Reversed timing-dependent associative plasticity in the human brain through interhemispheric interactions. Journal of Neurophysiology. vol. 109 (9).
- (2013) Effect of transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) during complex whole body motor skill learning. Neuroscience Letters.
- (2013) Parieto-motor functional connectivity is impaired in Parkinson's disease. Brain Stimulation.
- (2013) Anodal transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) over supplementary motor area (SMA) but not pre-SMA promotes short-term visuomotor learning. Brain Stimulation.
- (2012) Task-irrelevant auditory feedback facilitates motor performance in musicians. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2012) Cortical thickness in primary sensorimotor cortex influences the effectiveness of paired associative stimulation. NeuroImage. vol. 60 (2).
- (2012) Bidirectional gray matter changes after complex motor skill learning. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience.
- (2012) Dynamic modulation of intrinsic functional connectivity by transcranial direct current stimulation. Journal of Neurophysiology.
- (2011) Enhancing the effect of repetitive I-wave paired-pulse TMS (iTMS) by adjusting for the individual I-wave periodicity. BMC Neuroscience.