Vishalini Nair Kuncheekanna
Background and activities
Currently I am a PhD candidate at the Environmental Engineering and Reactor Technology Group in the Department of Chemical Engineering. I am working on uncertainty analysis of computational tools and models for CO2 capture via chemical solvent process.
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from University Putra Malaysia and a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering for Refining, Petrochemical and Gas from IFP School in France. In addition, before joining SINTEF Energy Research, I have also worked as Environmental Engineer for a year in Malaysia and for Technip as Process Engineer in Malaysia and France for a total of three years in the Upstream (Onshore/Offshore) department.
Among the wide range of topics under Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), my interest lies primarily in the areas of CO2 separation technologies especially in industrial processes, energy efficiency and environmental effects in which I believe I can contribute in developing new knowledge and expertise.
TKP 4107 Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (Spring Semester 2019, Spring Semester 2020)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Effect of Uncertainties in Solvent Properties on the Techno-economic Performances of a CO2 Absorber. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 81.
- (2020) Uncertainty analysis in the techno-economic assessment of CO2 capture and storage technologies. Critical review and guidelines for use. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 100.
- (2021) Towards improved guidelines for cost evaluation of carbon capture and storage - a white paper. 2021.
- (2020) Effect of Uncertainties in Solvent Properties on the Techno-economic Performances of a CO2 Absorber. The 23rd Conference on Process Integration, Modelling and Optimisation for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction, PRES'20 . Xi’an Jiaotong University and Brno University of Technology; Xi’an. 2020-08-17 - 2020-08-21.
- (2020) Uncertainty quantification and sensitivity analysis framework for solvent based CO2 capture process modelling. 5th University of Texas Conference on Carbon Capture and Storage . McKetta Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Texas; Texas, Austin. 2020-01-28 - 2020-01-29.
- (2019) Assessment of solvent properties uncertainties on the performances of an absorber for CO2 capture. PCCC5 . RITE and IEAGHG; Kyoto. 2019-09-17 - 2019-09-19.
- (2019) Quantifying impact of model uncertainties on simulation of fast and slow CO2 absorbents. TCCS 10 . SINTEF; 2019-06-17 - 2019-06-18.