Background and activities
PhD project: Reactive collision avoidance and guidance for underactuated marine vehicles
Main Supervisor: Prof. Kristin Y. Pettersen
Co-supervisors: Dr. Thomas R Krogstad (FFI) and Prof. Asgeir Sørensen (NTNU)
Researh topics in PhD:
- Integral line of sight guidance for underactuated marine vehicles
- Stablity analysis in 3 and 5 degrees of freedom
- Analysis of stability properties when the vehicle is not neutrally buoyant
- Reactive collision avoidance
- Collision avoidance as a guidance law
- Focus on marine vehicles
- Mathematical analysis - under wich circumstances can we guarantee safety and liveness?
Other research interests
- Autonomous, unmanned vehicles
- Autonomous decision making
- Dynamic route planning algorithms
- Software development for unmanned systems
- Nonlinear control systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A Reactive Collision Avoidance Algorithm for Vehicles with Underactuated Dynamics. I E E E Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.
- (2017) A Reactive Collision Avoidance Algorithm for Nonholonomic Vehicles. IEEE Control Systems.
- (2016) Integral Line-of-Sight Guidance of Underwater Vehicles Without Neutral Buoyancy. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2015) Uniform semiglobal exponential stability of integral line-of-sight guidance laws. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
- (2012) Autonomous identification planning for mine countermeasures. IEEE / OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Proceedings.
Part of book/report
- (2018) In-mission MCM performance evaluation for AUV-mounted sonar. Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Synthetic Aperture Sonar and Radar.
- (2018) Autonomous Optical Survey Based on Unsupervised Segmentation of Acoustic Backscatter. Proceedings of MTS/IEEE Oceans'18, Techno-Ocean 2018 - OTO'18.
- (2018) A 3D Reactive Collision Avoidance Algorithm for Underactuated Vehicles. Proceeding of the 57th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 2018.
- (2018) A 3D Reactive Collision Avoidance Algorithm for Nonholonomic Vehicles. 2nd IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications.
- (2018) An Integral Line-of-Sight Guidance Law with a Speed-dependent Lookahead Distance. 2018 European Control Conference (ECC).
- (2016) A Modified Dynamic Window Algorithm for Horizontal Collision Avoidance for AUVs. Proceedings of 2016 IEEE Conference on Control Applications (CCA).
- (2016) Decision Autonomy for Unmanned Vehicles. STO-MP-IST-127: Intelligence and Autonomy In Robotics.
- (2013) Environmentally Adaptive Sonar. Proceedings of 1st International Conference and Exhibition on Underwater Acoustics.
- (2019) Collision Avoidance and Path Following for Underactuated Marine Vehicles. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-3804-8. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2019:103).
- (2015) Horizontal Collision Avoidance for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. 2015.