Background and activities
- ocean surface gravity waves;
- wave-current interaction;
- wave-bathymetry interaction;
- wave statistics;
- Ocean wave modeling;
- Ocean circulation;
- wave-driven flows;
- Sea loads;
- wave-structure interaction;
- Outstanding Ph.D. candidates of Chinese graduates abroad from the Chinese Ministry of Education (The China Scholarship Council) ;
- The 2018 Outstanding Student Poster and PICO (OSPP) Award ;
Water wave modulation and wave forces with sheared currents (https://prosjektbanken.forskningsradet.no/#/project/NFR/287389/);
Experimental study on the evolution of a narrow-banded wavepacket propagating over a step (UK & China Center for Offshore Renewable Energy Flexible Funding / UK EPSRC- NERC)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Three dimensional surface gravity waves of a broad bandwidth on deep water. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 926.
- (2021) Surface wavepackets subject to an abrupt depth change. Part 2. Experimental analysis. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 915.
- (2021) Why rogue waves occur atop abrupt depth transitions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 919 (R5).
- (2021) Weakly nonlinear broadband and multi-directional surface waves on an arbitrary depth: A framework, Stokes drift, and particle trajectories. Physics of Fluids. vol. 33 (7).
- (2021) Surface wavepackets subject to an abrupt depth change. Part 1. Second-order theory. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 915.
- (2020) Fully nonlinear simulations of unidirectional extreme waves provoked by strong depth transitions: The effect of slope. Physical Review Fluids. vol. 5 (6).
- (2019) A Framework for Modeling Linear Surface Waves on Shear Currents in Slowly Varying Waters. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 124 (4).
- (2019) Transient wave resistance upon a real shear current. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 73.
- (2019) Linear Evolution of a Narrow-Banded Surface Gravity Wavepacket Over an Infinite Step. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2019): Volume 4: Materials Technology.
- (2018) Wave-Interference Effects on Far-Field Ship Waves in the Presence of a Shear Current. Journal of Ship Research. vol. 62 (1).
- (2018) Surface Waves Generated by a Translating and Oscillating Source Atop Realistic Shear Flows. ASME 2018 37th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 7B: Ocean Engineering.
- (2017) Approximate Dispersion Relations for Waves on Arbitrary Shear Flows. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 122 (12).
- (2017) Effect on Doppler Resonance From a Near-Surface Shear Layer. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 7B: Ocean Engineering.
- (2017) Surface water waves on depth dependent flows. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2461-4.
- (2016) Multiple resonances of a moving oscillating surface disturbance on a shear current. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 808.
- (2016) Ship waves on uniform shear current at finite depth: Wave resistance and critical velocity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 791.
- (2016) Effect of Anisotropic Shape on Ship Wakes in Presence of Shear Current of Uniform Vorticity. ASME 2016 35th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 7: Ocean Engineering.
- (2015) Initial Value Problems for Water Waves in the Presence of a Shear Current. Proceedings of the twenty-fifth International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference - ISOPE 2015.
- (2015) Waves in presence of shear current with uniform vorticity. Proceedings of MekIT'15 Eighth National Conference on Computational Mechanics.