Background and activities
Education and Work Experience:
2019. 11- present Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Structural Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
2018. 10-2019. 09 Research Fellow, Institute of Railway Research, University of Huddersfield, UK.
2015. 09-2016. 09 Visiting Scholar in Vehicle Dynamics, University of Liverpool, UK. (Sponsored by China Scholarship Council)
2013. 09-2018. 07 PhD in Electrical Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China (MSc-Ph.D. Combined Programme)
2012. 09-2013. 07 MSc. in Electrical Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China.
2007. 09-2011. 07 BSc. in Mechanical Engineering; Shanghai University of Electric Power, China.
- Chair of Technical Session ‘Pantograph-catenary interaction’ at World Transport Convention (WTC), China National Convention Centre, Beijing, China, 15-19. June 2021.
- Editorial Board Member of 5th International Conference on Railway Technology: Research, Development and Maintenance (Railways 2022) organized by Elsevier in Montpellier, France, 22-25 August 2022.
- Chair of Invited Session "Modelling, Control, Optimization and Maintenance of Traction Power Systems in Electrified Railways" at 5th International Conference on Railway Technology: Research, Development and Maintenance (Railways 2022) organized by Elsevier in Montpellier, France, 22-25 August 2022.
- Chief Guest Editor of Special Issue ‘Sustainability and Digital Transformations in Railway Systems: Modelling, Planning, and Management’ in ‘Sustainability’.
- Guest Editor of Special Issue ‘Wind-induced vibration of long-span structures in transportation systems’ in ‘Shock and Vibration’.
- Memberships of IAVSD (The International Association for Vehicle System Dynamics), IEEE (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), I&M (The IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement) Society, VTS (The IEEE Vehicular Technology Society), IAS (IEEE Industry Applications Society), ITSS (The IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society).
- Reviewers for over 30 prestigious international journals, including ‘Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing’, ‘Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit’, ‘Journal of Vibration and Control’, ‘Measurement’, ‘Vehicle System Dynamics’, ‘IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology’, ‘IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery’, ‘IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement’, ‘International Journal of Rail Transportation’, ‘Mechanism and Machine Theory’…
My research interests involve the assessment of current collection system in electrified railway, the wind-induced vibration of long-span structures of railway transportation, and the coupling dynamics in railway engineering.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Development of steady arm damper for electrified railway overhead contact line with double pantographs based on numerical and experimental analysis. IET Electrical Systems in Transportation.
- (2021) Vibration Measurement and Wave Reflection Analysis in an Electrified Railway Catenary Based on Analytical Methods. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 70.
- (2021) Identification of short-wavelength contact wire irregularities in electrified railway pantograph–catenary system. Mechanism and Machine Theory. vol. 162.
- (2021) An Investigation on the Current Collection Quality of Railway Pantograph-catenary Systems with Contact Wire Wear Degradations. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 70.
- (2021) A spatial coupling model to study dynamic performance of pantograph-catenary with vehicle-track excitation. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 151.
- (2021) A Response Spectrum Analysis of Wind Deflection in Railway Overhead Contact Lines Using Pseudo-Excitation Method. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. vol. 70 (2).
- (2020) A methodology to study high-speed pantograph-catenary interaction with realistic contact wire irregularities. Mechanism and Machine Theory. vol. 152.
- (2020) Dynamic Performance of High-Speed Railway Overhead Contact Line Interacting With Pantograph Considering Local Dropper Defect. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. vol. 69 (6).
- (2020) Contact Wire Irregularity Stochastics and Effect on High-speed Railway Pantograph-Catenary Interactions. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 69 (10).
- (2020) Assessment of the High-frequency Response in Railway Pantograph-Catenary Interaction Based on Numerical Simulation. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. vol. 69 (10).
- (2020) Effective Measures to Improve Current Collection Quality for Double Pantographs and Catenary Based on Wave Propagation Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. vol. 69 (6).