Background and activities
My work deals with the intersection between information technology and ethnography. My focus is on developing a systematic, conceptual foundation for understanding, designing and integrating digital material in practice, especially in Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Human-Centred Computing, Sociology of Science and in relation to the digital transformation of the marine technology.
I hold a Dr. Philos. (Ph.D.) in informatics, Department of Informatics, University of Oslo.
Before I joined Oslo University, I hold a master degree in information systems, Department of Computer Science, NTNU Trondheim
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work
- Participatory Design
- Information Systems
- Science and Technology Studies
- Qualitative Methodology
A member of EUSSET, EASST, and ACM SIGCHI.
- ACM CSCW
- ACM NordiCHI
- Elsevier Ocean Engineering
- Technological Forecasting & Social Change
- Human Factors & Ergonomics book series, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group
- Computer Applications in Engineering Education, Wiley
A committee member of
- IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society, CSCW in Design
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) From Offshore Operation to Onshore Simulator: Using Visualized Ethnographic Outcomes to Work with Systems Developers. Informatics. vol. 5 (1).
- (2017) Holistic human safety in the design of marine operations safety. Ocean Engineering. vol. 151.
- (2016) Surface-to-seabed safety: Advantages of simulator practice for subsea installation. International Journal of Safety and Security Engineering. vol. 6 (2).
- (2015) Complex Systems, Cooperative Work, and Usability. Journal of Usability Studies. vol. 10 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Foresight Future Skills in Digitalisation Era: The Role of Participatory Design in Simulation-based Maritime Education. Ergoship 2019.
- (2018) Assessment of Relations Between Communications and Visual Focus in Dynamic Positioning Operations. Technology Enhanced Assessment. 20th International Conference, TEA 2017, Barcelona, Spain, October 5–6, 2017, Revised Selected Papers.
- (2017) Designing the Interactive Relations of Complex Systems : Ocean Operations as Research Resources. 2017: Dilemmas 2015 Papers from the 18th Annual International Conference Dilemmas for Human Services: Organizing, Designing and Managing.
- (2017) Suggestions on Communications Systems for Off- Shore Vessels. 2017: Dilemmas 2015 Papers from the 18th Annual International Conference Dilemmas for Human Services: Organizing, Designing and Managing.
- (2017) Articulation work in subsea operations Taking teamwork seriously in assessment of subsea operations. 5th International Conference on Enterprise Systems : Industrial Digitalization by Enterprise Systems : ES 2017 : 22-24 September 2017, Beijing, China : Proceedings.
- (2017) TOWARD OPTIMIZATION OF MARITIME TRAINING ON COMMUNICATIONS: A PILOT STUDY. PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ICT, SOCIETY AND HUMAN BEINGS 2017.
- (2016) Cooperative Systems for Marine Operations Using Actor-Network Design: A Discussion. Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE 20th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design(CSCWD).
- (2016) Design of Digital Environments for Operations on Vessels. COOP 2016: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems, 23-27 May 2016, Trento, Italy.
- (2016) Improving maritime technology: A cooperation technology perspective on cooperative artifacts. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2016) Visualising actor network for cooperative systems in marine technology. Technology and Intimacy: Choice or Coercion.
- (2016) Using Actor Network to Enhance Maritime System Design. Learning and Collaboration Technologies.
- (2015) Are Current Usabilty Methods Viable for Maritime Operation Systems?. ACHI 2015, The Eighth International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions.
- (2014) An Analytical Review of Usability Evaluation for Ship Bridge Multi-Screen Complex Systems. Human factors in ship design and operation : 26-27 February 2014, London, UK.
- (2013) Tactile cues for ship bridge operations. Proceedings 27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation ECMS 2013, May 27th - May 30th, 2013, Ålesund, Norway.
- (2012) A Comparative Review of i*-based and Use Case-based Security Modelling Initiatives. Research Challenges in Information Science, Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on.
- (2019) SkillSea WP1 - Methodology Report. Futureproof skills for the maritime transport sector. 2019.
- (2018) From Field to Simulator: Visualising Ethnographic Outcomes to Support Systems Developers. Universitetet i Oslo. 2018. Series of dissertations submitted to the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Oslo. (2044).
- (2015) A ten-minute talk - fieldwork stories. 2015.
- (2015) Procedure verification using customized training facilities in offshore simulator environments: Experiences from a specific subsea case - A report. 2015.
- (2012) Comparison of i*-based and Use Case-based Security Modelling Initiatives for Software Requirements Engineering - An empirical comparison of Secure Tropos and Misuse Cases. 2012.
- (2019) Foresight Future Skills in Digitalisation Era: The Role of Participatory Design in Simulation-based Maritime Education. Ergoship 2019 . Western Norway University of Applied Sciences; Haugesund. 2019-09-24 - 2019-09-25.
- (2018) Why, what and how to access human performance- Operator-centered maritime training. Improve/TARG workshop . NTNU; Norwegian Maritime Competence Center. 2018-05-15 - 2018-05-15.
- (2017) TOWARD OPTIMIZATION OF MARITIME TRAINING ON COMMUNICATIONS: A PILOT STUDY. International Conference ICT, Society, and Human Beings 2017 ; 2017-07-20 - 2017-07-23.
- (2016) Visualising Actor Network for Cooperative Systems in Marine Technology. HCC12 2016, IFIP AICT 474 ; 2016-09-07 - 2016-09-09.
- (2016) Using Actor Network to Enhance Maritime System Design. Learning and Collaboration Technologies, LTC 2016, Held as Part of HCI International 2016 ; Toronto. 2016-07-17 - 2016-07-22.
- (2016) The Grassroots of Strategically Preparing Specialists for Subsea Operations: Using a Simulator as a Tool. 13th International Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management (PSAM 13) . International Association for Probabilistic Safety Assessmen; Seoul. 2016-10-02 - 2016-10-07.
- (2015) Communications, Professionals, and Stressful Offshore Work – Organising, Managing and Improving Communication Channels. Dilemmas for Human Services 2015 ; 2015-09-09 - 2015-09-11.
- (2015) Evaluating the Interactive Relations of Complex Systems: Offshore Operations as Research Resources - Doctoral Consortium. Dilemmas for Human Services 2015 ; 2015-09-09 - 2015-09-11.
- (2015) Evaluating the Interactive Relations of Complex Systems: Offshore Operations as Research Resources - Poster. PhD day 2015 . The Science Library and MN Faculty; Science Library, Vilhelm Bjerknes' hus. 2015-06-05 - 2015-06-05.