Yvan J. Orsolini
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The 11 year solar cycle UV irradiance effect and its dependency on the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 16 (6).
- (2021) Impacts of UV irradiance and medium-energy electron precipitation on the North Atlantic oscillation during the 11-year solar cycle. Atmosphere. vol. 12 (8).
- (2021) The Atlantic Multidecadal Variability phase-dependence of teleconnection between the North Atlantic Oscillation in February and the Tibetan Plateau in March. Journal of Climate. vol. 34.
- (2021) Impact of the major SSWs of February 2018 and January 2019 on the middle atmospheric nitric oxide abundance. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics. vol. 218.
- (2021) Eastward-propagating planetary waves prior to the January 2009 sudden stratospheric warming. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. vol. 126 (11).
- (2021) Climatological Westward‐Propagating Semidiurnal Tides and Their Composite Response to Sudden Stratospheric Warmings in SuperDARN and SD‐WACCM‐X. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. vol. 126 (3).
- (2020) WACCM simulations: Decadal winter-to-spring climate impact on middle atmosphere and troposphere from medium energy electron precipitation. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics. vol. 209.
- (2020) Arctic sea-ice loss intensifies aerosol transport to the Tibetan Plateau. Nature Climate Change. vol. 10.
- (2020) Understanding of European cold extremes, sudden stratospheric warming, and Siberian snow accumulation in the winter of 2017/18. Journal of Climate. vol. 33 (2).
- (2020) Validation of SMILES HCl profiles over a wide range from the stratosphere to the lower thermosphere. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques. vol. 13.
- (2020) Impact of late spring Siberian snow on summer rainfall in South-Central China. Climate Dynamics. vol. 54.
- (2020) Impact of solar irradiance and geomagnetic activity on polar NOx, ozone and temperature in WACCM simulations. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics. vol. 209.
- (2020) A note on the statistical evidence for an influence of geomagnetic activity on Northern Hemisphere seasonal-mean stratospheric temperatures using the Japanese 55-year Reanalysis. Annales Geophysicae. vol. 38.
- (2019) Estimating tropospheric and stratospheric winds using infrasound from explosions. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 146 (2).
- (2019) SuperDARN observations of semidiurnal tidal variability in the MLT and the response to sudden stratospheric warming events. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. vol. 124.
- (2019) Impact of snow initialization in subseasonal-to-seasonal winter forecasts with the Norwegian Climate Prediction Model. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. vol. 124 (17-18).
- (2019) Influence of December snow cover over North America on January surface air temperature over the midlatitude Asia. International Journal of Climatology. vol. 40.
- (2019) Evaluation of snow depth and snow cover over the Tibetan Plateau in global reanalyses using in situ and satellite remote sensing observations. The Cryosphere. vol. 13 (8).
- (2018) Impact of Arctic sea ice variations on winter temperature anomalies in northern hemispheric land areas. Climate Dynamics.
- (2018) Atlantic multidecadal oscillation modulates the impacts of Arctic sea ice decline. Geophysical Research Letters. vol. 45 (5).