Background and activities
Ceramic Research GroupMathematical models for degradation of cathode lining in Hall-Heroult cells (aluminium electrolysis)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Direct Method for Producing Scandium Metal and Scandium-Aluminium Intermetallic Compounds from the Oxides. Light Metals.
- (2018) Formation of aluminium carbide in Hall-Héroult electrolysis cell environments. Light Metals. vol. 2018.
- (2018) Multi-scale modelling of titanium diboride degradation using crystal elasticity model and density functional theory. Light Metals. vol. Part F4.
- (2018) Transport of sodium in TiB2 materials investigated by a laboratory test and DFT calculations. Light Metals. vol. Part F4.
- (2017) Investigation of Spent Refractory Lining in an Anode Baking Furnace. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2017) Cathode wear based on autopsy of a shutdown aluminium electrolysis cell. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2017) Solvent-Controlled Charge Storage Mechanisms of Spinel Oxide Electrodes in Mg Organohaloaluminate Electrolytes. Nano letters (Print). vol. 18 (2).
- (2017) Formation of Carbon Build-Up on the Flue Wall of Anode Baking Furnace. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series.
- (2016) A Thermodynamic Assessment of the Chemical Durability of Refractory Lining in Anode Baking Furnaces. The International Committee for Study of Bauxite, Alumina & Aluminium Conference Proceedings.
- (2016) Cathode Wear in Electrowinning of Aluminum Investigated by a Laboratory Test Cell. Light Metals.
- (2015) Diffusion of alkali metals in the first stage graphite intercalation compounds by vdW-DFT calculations. RSC Advances. vol. 5 (21).
- (2014) Interaction of Sodium Vapor and Graphite Studied by Thermogravimetric Analysis. Light Metals.
- (2014) Van der Waals density functional study of the energetics of alkali metal intercalation in graphite. RSC Advances. vol. 4 (8).
- (2012) Thermal conductivity of porous Si3N4-bonded SiC sidewall materials in aluminium electrolysis cells. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 95 (2).
- (2010) Sodium Diffusion in Cathode Lining in Aluminium Electrolysis Cells. Light Metals.
- (2009) Chemical degradation of Si3N4-bonded SiC sidelining materials in aluminum electrolysis cells. Journal of The American Ceramic Society. vol. 92 (6).
Part of book/report
- (2009) Automatic image classification of scene content. 11th Congress of the International Colour Association (Proceedings).
- (2009) An adaptive Bilateral Filter for Predicting Color Image Difference. Seventeenth Color Imaging Conference: Color Science and Engineering Systems, Technologies, and Applications; Final Program and Proceedings.
- (2009) Spent Si3N4 bonded SiC sidelining materials in aluminium electrolysis cells. Light Metals 2009.
- (2010) Aging of Si3N4-bonded SiC Sidewall Materials in Hall-Héroult Cells. Material Characterization and Computer Simulation. 2010. ISBN 978-82-471-2446-8.