Background and activities
Control and Online Decision Support of Crane Operations for Fixed and Floating Offshore Wind Turbines
- Supervisor: Roger Skjetne (IMT, NTNU)
- Co-Supervisors: Zhen Gao (IMT, NTNU)
I am working on an exciting topic to enhance the safety and cost-efficiency during the wind farm mating operation.Research topics
- Build control plant model for marine lifting operation.
- Real-time estimation of relevant loads and payload position.
- Design controllers to precisely locate the payloads and verify it through experiments.
- Consider fixed-to-floating, floating-to-fixed, and floating-to-floating installation operations.
- Consider coordination between the DP control system and the crane operation, in order to make the operation more robust to a varying sea-state and incoming wave loads.
- Design real-time robust controllers for the mating and positioning operations during wind turbine installation.
- Improve the weather limits during lifting and mating operations.
- Influence of wave-induced motion to the crane operation;
- Underactuated system;
- High lifting;
- Robust control;
- Model-free control.
- Attempt to study vessel-based installations, not commonly jackup-based.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) A parametric study on the final blade installation process for monopile wind turbines under rough environmental conditions. Engineering structures. vol. 172.
- (2018) Mating Control of a Wind Turbine Tower-Nacelle-Rotor Assembly for a Catamaran Installation Vessel. Twenty-eighth (2018) International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference . International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers; Sapporo. 2018-06-10 - 2018-06-15.
- (2018) Active tugger line force control for single blade installation. Wind Energy.
- (2018) Development and application of a simulator for offshore wind turbine blades installation. Ocean Engineering.
- (2018) Single blade installation using active control of three tugger lines. International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference . International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOP; Sapporo. 2018-06-10 - 2018-06-15.
- (2018) Dynamic Simulation and Control of an Active Roll Reduction System Using Free-Flooding Tanks With Vacuum Pumps. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140 (6).
- (2017) Structural reliability analysis of wind turbines: A review. Energies. vol. 10 (12).
- (2017) MModeling and Control of Crane Overload Protection During Marine Lifting Operation Based on Model Predictive Control. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 9: Offshore Geotechnics; Torgeir Moan Honoring Symposium.
- (2017) Dynamic Simulation and Control of an Active Roll Reduction System Using Free-Flooding Tanks With Vacuum Pumps. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology.
- (2016) A Tension-based Position Estimation Solution of a Moored Structure and its Uncertain Anchor Positions. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) An On-site Current Profile Estimation Algorithm for a Moored Floating Structure. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2015) Fault Tolerant Control of Thruster-Assisted Position Mooring System. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2015.
- (2015) Supervisory Control of Line Breakage for Thruster-Assisted Position Mooring System. 10th IFAC Conference on Manoeuvring and Control of Marine Craft (MCMC 2015).
- (2015) A Tension-based Position Estimation Approach for Moored Marine Vessels. 10th IFAC Conference on Manoeuvring and Control of Marine Craft (MCMC 2015).