Current EU research projects:
- ANNULIGht: an Innovative Training Network (ITN) on instabilities, ignition and blow-off in annular gas turbine combustors. It is funded by the European Commission under Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions | James Dawson
- ERC Starting grant: TAIAC Breaking the paradigm: A new approach to understanding and controlling combustion instabilities | Nicholas Worth
- Marinet2 - Marine Renewables Infrastructure Network for Emerging Energy Technologies | Lars Roar Sætran
Current Norwegian research projects from the Research Council of Norway (NFR) and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation:
- Boiling of multicomponent mixtures in confined geometries | Maria Fernandino
- Casimir effect and van der Waals forces in multilayer systems | Iver H. Brevik
- EnPe - Energize Nepal Project | Ole Gunnar Dahlhaug
- HiFrancis - High head Francis turbines | Ole Gunnar Dahlhaug
- Modeling of obstructive sleep apnea by fluid-structure interaction in the upper airways | Bernhard Müller
- Particle transport and clustering in stratified turbulent flows (FRINATEK) | Helge Andersson
- SIMCOFLOW - A Framework for complex 3D multiphase and multi physics flows | Stein Tore Johansen
- SPRAYICE - Characterization of Wave Impact Spray Generation for Better Prediction of Marine Icing on Structures | James Dawson
- Turbulence-plankton interactions. A mechanistic approach. | Helge Andersson
- Water waves interacting with arbitrary shear currents in 3D (FRINATEK - Unge forskertalenter) | Simen A. Ådnøy Ellingsen
- Wood CFD - Clean and efficient wood stoves through improved batch combustion models and CFD modelling approaches (ENERGIX) | Nils Erland Haugen
Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:51:04 +0200
We participate in the following centres and networks:
- HydroCen - Norwegian Research Centre for Hydropower Technology
- NCCS - FME Norwegian CCS Research Centre
- Norwegian Hydropower Centre
Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:32:07 +0200
Fluid Mechanics Seminar Series
We are happy to host world-leading experts as part of the Fluid Mechanics Seminar Series.
- External guests are invited monthly to discuss their research and meet the faculty.
- The seminars cover a wide array of topics in fluid mechanics.
- All students, visitors and members of staff are welcome to attend.
Third Francis-99 workshop
MAY 29-30, 2019 - Third Francis-99 workshop is the continuation of previous two workshops. The workshop will focus on FSI analysis under steady state operating conditions. Unlike the previous two workshops, the present workshop includes additional (simplified) test case of hydrofoil that allows simplified study of FSI to understand the mechanics behind the fluid structure coupling. Check out the programme