Call for abstracts
The organisers of the 10th IUHPE European Conference on Health Promotion and the International Forum for Health Promotion Research in Trondheim, Norway, September 24. - 26. 2018 invite delegates to submit abstracts for the conference “Health Promotion in the Life Course – User Involvement in Practice and Research”.
General instructions for abstracts
The conference cover a broad spectrum of research themes, policy and practice in the field of health promotion. Abstracts are welcome concerning implementation of health promotion in the life course, user involvement in practice and research, health promotion theories/models as well as evaluation methods in a variety of settings such as
1) Health services, 2) Learning and development, 3) Work life, and 4) Local communities.
Please indicate which one of these four overarching categories your abstract belongs to when submitting your abstract. Three formats are offered for submission: oral, electronic poster and workshop.
The abstracts should be in English and should not exceed more than 350 words apart from the title, authors and affiliations (same for all formats). Please note that tables or figures are not accepted in the abstracts. The title should not have abbreviations. In the text of the abstract, any abbreviations should be spelled out and explained the first time they are used. Write the text of your abstract or copy and paste it from your completed word file in the Abstract Content field in the Abstract Portal. Neither author name or affiliation shall be included in this field for review purpose. You will be also asked to submit your abstract as pdf which will be publish on the conference website.
Abstracts must clearly indicate the thematic scope and preference for presentation format. The scientific committee reserves the right to decide on the format as well as the right to decline submitted abstracts if they do not fulfil scientific criteria.
All accepted abstracts will be compiled in an abstract book with a designated ISBN/ISSN number. This will be published electronic on the conference webpage. If you do not wish to publish your abstract in the abstract book, please notify the organizer at Healthforum@ntnu.edu.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentation
- Contact details including names of authors, name and email of presenting author in bold, affiliations of authors with indications in the same order.
- Title, introduction, material and methods, results, conclusions.
Abstracts for workshops
- Contact details including name, affiliation and e-mail of session coordinator in bold, followed by affiliations for co-organisers. The session coordinator together with co-organisers should write a short statement about their expertise within the field.
- Title and objectives of the workshop, learning goals and type of activities (e.g. presentations with audience interaction, round table with panel discussants, pro/con session).
Submission of abstracts
Before submitting an abstract, authors must create a conference profile. Abstracts should be submitted as PDF file to the Abstract portal. When submitting the abstract you need to select which of the four main areas the abstract is covering. Note that a PDF copy of your abstract will be made available on the conference website. The Conference opens for submission of abstracts from the 20th of December.
- Registration for conference opens on the 11th of December 2017
- Deadline for submission of abstracts for workshops is 1st of April 2018
- Deadline for submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations is on the 15th of April 2018
- Notification of acceptance of abstract will be given by the 15th of May 2018
- Early bird registration will be open until the 26th of June 2018
- The last day of registration will be the 20th of August 2018
Differentiated registration fee:
- Early bird 4844 NOK
- Ordinary 5785 NOK
- Students 4373 NOK
- NTNU employee 4844 NOK
- IUHPE members 4715 NOK
- Low income countries 4373 NOK
- Day package 1929 NOK
*Please note: The registration fee does not include hotel accommondation.