To and from Trondheim
The main international airport, Trondheim Airport Værnes, is located 30 km east of the city. Arrivals include very frequent domestic flights with SAS, Norwegian and Widerøe, and direct flights with KLM, SAS, Norwegian and Icelandair.
For more information: Flights to and from Trondheim Airport.
Travelling from the airport to the city is fairly easy. There are several options:
- Airport bus. The airport bus is perhaps the easiest choice. They serve most hotels in Trondheim city centre. There are two bus companies operating the route from the airport to the city centre. For more information: Price and schedules Flybussen or Price and schedules Værnes-ekspressen.
- Train. The train takes about 35 minutes from the airport to Trondheim city centre. For more information: Price and schedules NSB.
- Taxi. The taxi stand is located directly outside the arrival hall.
The bus system in Trondheim is extensive and most of the time very reliable. Public transport is issued by AtB.
The are two bus stops close to the conference venue, Scandic Lerkendal: Tempe kirke and Lerkendal stadion. From city centre to the conference venue take the following bus lines:
- To Tempe kirke: bus lines 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 38, 46.
- To Lerkendal stadion: bus lines 8, 36, 55, 60, 66.