Department of Neuroscience
Group for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:16:16 +0100
- Dentoalveolar surgery: Retained and extra teeth, root tip amputations, cysts and tumours in the cranio- maxillofacial area etc
- Implants: Placement of dental implants in connection with prosthetic tooth rehabilitation
- Traumatology surgery: Fractures of the facial skeleton, soft tissue and dental injuries.
- Orthognatic surgery: Treatment of over- or underbites and other malformations.
- Plastic surgery: In the whole head and neck area because of cancer or other disfiguring problems. Microvascular and reconstructive surgery. Scar corrective surgery. Aesthetic corrections.
- Minimal invasive surgery: Arthroscopy of the temporo-mandibular joint, sialoscopy of the salivary glands, endoscopy of sinus maxillaries etc.
- Dental Team: Preoperative evaluation of patients requiring organ transplantation, immunsuppressiv treatment or heart operations. Overall evaluation and dental treatment of patients with cancer in the head and neck area.
- Endoscopic sialoscopy of the major salivary glands. The method allows simultaneously diagnostics as well as therapy for sialolithiasis (salivary gland stones) and other obstructive diseases of the salivary glands (sialoadenosis).
- Investigation of the local side effects of radiation therapy in patients with oropharyngeal cancer as the basis for improvement of life quality during treatment, while also reducing radiation-related complications. In cooperation with the Cancer Department.
- Patients with craniomandibular disorders represent a group that is quite heterogeneous and increasing in size. In cooperation with a manual therapist, the goal is to increase the benefit and options from the use of manual therapy instead of or in combination with primary surgical intervention.
- Digital volume tomography: 3-dimensional imaging of the facial skeleton via cone beam CT: Several different research projects on this diagnostic field.