Information for the inter-institutional agreements according to the official requirements of the Erasmus + Programme. Letters and numbers are related to the contract template of the European commission.
NTNU has been awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHC) by the European Commission for the period of 2014-2021.The ECHE Charter allows NTNU to fully participate in the EU programme for education, training, youth and sport; Erasmus+.
NTNU's Erasmus Policy Statement was written in the spring of 2013 as part of NTNU's application for the ECHE charter and describes NTNU's institutional strategy to fulfill the ECHE commitments.
A. Information about NTNU
- Erasmus code of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU): N Trondhe01
- Erasmus+ Charter number: 29704-EPP-1-2014-1-NO-EPPKA3-ECHE
- NTNU's PIC number is: 999977851
NTNU´s institutional coordinator
Contact persons at NTNU in Trondheim
Establishing or maintaining agreements
- UK, FR, GR, IRL: Ms. Anja Valberg
- DE, BE, T, SL, SK, LT, LV, ET, RO, TY: Mr. Wolfgang Laschet
- ES, PT: Ms. Dzenana Karadza
- AT, CH, CZ, NL, PL, HU: Mr. Gunnar Bergseth
Contact persons for incoming students
Note that potential and current students should use email@example.com - please do not email or phone individual members of staff.
- IT, GR, PL, CZ, RO, HU, CH, NL, LT, LV, ET, SL, SK, CR, TY: Ms. Sigrid Hauge
- AT, BE, DE, DK, ES, F, FI, IC, IRL, LI, PT, SE, UK: Ms. Kari Enge
Contact person at NTNU in Gjøvik
Contact person at NTNU in Ålesund
B. Mobility flows
- Specified in the contract.
C. Required language skills for incoming students
- Minimum English B2.
D. Additional requirements
- Engineering and architecture students must have studied minimum 3 years prior to arrival
- Engineering and architecture students can not prepare a B.A. Thesis at NTNU
- A certified copy of your passport and transcript of records has to be part of the application
- Applications can be sent as email attachments
- Application form
- NTNU welcomes students and staff with disabilities
- NTNU welcomes all students prior to the semester start with an orientation programme.
- All students will receive an arrival and departure confirmation from NTNU with all necessary information.
- Applications/information on nominated students must reach the receiving institution by (inluding the complete application of the student):
- 1.5. for the autumn semester
- 1.10. for the spring semester
- Academic calendar
- The receiving institution will send its decision within [5-8] weeks.
- A Transcript of Records will be issued by the receiving institution no later than 5 weeks after the assessment period has finished at the receiving HEI. The student must order the transcript online.
- Termination of the agreement
- In the event of unilateral termination, a notice of at least one academic year should be given. This means that a unilateral decision to discontinue the exchanges notified to the other party by 1 September 20XX will only take effect as of 1 September 20XX+1. Neither the European Commission nor the National Agencies can be held responsible in case of a conflict.
- Grading systems of the institutions: All transcripts of records will show grade distribution, grade and ECTS credits.
- Visa: The sending and receiving institutions will provide assistance, when required, in securing visas for incoming and outbound mobile participants, according to the requirements of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education. Contact person: Ms. Sigrid Hauge
- Insurance: The sending and receiving institutions will provide assistance in obtaining insurance for incoming and outbound mobile participants, according to the requirements of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
- Housing: The receiving institution will guide incoming mobile participants in finding accommodation, according to the requirements of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course catalogue
- Norwegian language courses
G. SIGNATURES (legal representatives)
Preference is given to PDF documents with electronic signatures.
Trondheim - Office of International Relations
International House, O. S. Bragstads plass 3, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Student visiting hours: 12:30 - 15:00
Gjøvik - Office of International Relations
Visiting address: Teknologivegen 22, 2815 Gjøvik, Norway
Postal address: P.O. box 191, 2802 Gjøvik, Norway
Ålesund - International Office
Postal address: P.O. box 1517, 6025 Ålesund, Norway
Visiting address: Larsgårdsvegen 2, 6009 Ålesund