Lab in the Press - Language Acquisition and Language Processing Lab
- The Lab organises a 'Spatial Language and Spatial Cognition Workshop' in Trondheim on 6-7 December, 2017. For more information and the scientific program, see here.
- 'Blir man smartere av å kunne flere språk?' The Lab is featured on NRK Newton (Newtonhit 24.11.2017).
- Giosuè Baggio gives an invited talk at the international workshop Cognitive Semantics and Quantities, University of Amsterdam, 28-29.09.2017
- Mila Vulchanova gives an invited talk at the international conference Beyond Reading, Cá Foscari University Venice 22-23.09.2017
- Mila Vulchanova interviewed in the Norwegian weekly magazine KK
- Mila Vulchanova gives an invited talk at LACompLing2017 in Stockholm
- Research Scholars of UoH complete the Erasmus programme at the Lab
- Mila Vulchanova gives a keynote talk at the 4th Attentive Listener in the Visual World International Workshop, Goa - India
- Prof. Ulf Liszkowski (Hamburg University) gives a talk on "Shades, and shapes, of infant pointing. With an eye on autism, SLI, and pointing origins" on Wednesday 15/02 at 14:15 at the Lab
- Mila Vulchanova & Valentin Vulchanov give a talk on "Traces of a language deficit on the higher end of the autism spectrum" at the Research Seminar, Department of Linguistics, at Essex University on May 5th.
- Podcast on the advantages of active use of the two standard varieties of Norwegian
- Prof. Vulchanova gives a talk at the Psychology Higher Seminar, Örebro University
- Prof. Vulchanova is external reviewer for Pia Nordgren's thesis defense, Gothenburg University March 3, 2016
- The "Perspective on Language Development" workshop will take place on March 1st, 2016.
- Prof. Vulchanova gives a talk in the High Seminar, Örebro University and is the opponent at a doctoral defense at the Department of Psychology, Örebro University on February 5th, 2016
- More information on COST action.
- Prof. Vulchanova and Dr. Vulchanov give a series of lectures at Ca' Foscari University, Venice.
- Article on "Hva lærer babyen å si først?" on forskning.no.
- Article on "Manglar forsking på nettbrett i leseopplæring" on NRK.
- Article on "Skriver barnet ditt speilvendt?" on adressa.
- Article on "Slik endrar lesing hjernen din" on NRK.
- Mila Vulchanova talks to Adressa on writing skills.
- Article on our research on autism published on NRK.
- Prof. Mila Vulchanova speaks about LanPercept and experiences from EU PhD training at The Future of the Doctorate EU Conference, Riga - May 28-29, 2015
- Interview with Prof. Mila Vulchanova about 'Slik endrar lesing hjernen din' on NRK
- Read the story on the LanPercept project on the Horizon 2020 website: Finding the link between language and perception
- Friederike Voss and Martina Micai to give talks at Child Language Symposium
- Prof. Mila Vulchanova gives a talk on bilingualism in Norway at the Annual Meeting of the Norwegian Student Language Association (Studentmållaget i Nidaros), Feb. 21, 2015
- Prof. Vulchanova gives a talk at the University of Reading Centre for Literacy and Multilingualism (CeLM) Research Seminar.
- New Project: ISCH COST Action IS1406 (Management Committee)
- Mila Vulchanova & Ammara Farukh to give a talk at International Conference "Apprentissage de l'écrit : diversité des langues, singularité des troubles", Strasbourg University, Dec. 3-5, 2014.
- Mila Vulchanova talks at a full-day seminar (Nov. 28th, 2014) for staff at Halsen skole on "Siste nytt innen språkforskning".
- Chahboun, Vulchanova, Saldaña & Vulchanov at Translational Neuroscience Cell Symposia in Arlington, November 13-14 2014.
- Camilla Hellum Foyn and Friederike Voß give a poster presentation at the "International Workshop on Children's Acquisition and Processing of Head-Final Languages (CAPHL)", Harvard University, November 5 2014.
- Mila Vulchanova talks to NRK Språkteigen.
- New paper on "Links between phonological memory, first language competence and second language competence in 10-year‐old children" by Mila Vulchanova, Camilla Hellum Foyn, Randi R. Nilsen and Hermundur Sigmundsson.
- Mila Vulchanova gives a talk on multilingualism and language development at Teacher Conference organised by Fylkesmannen in Nord-Trøndelag.
- New paper on "Naturalistic acquisition in an early language classroom" by Mila Vulchanova and Anne Dahl published in Frontiers.
- New paper on "Reading in Urdu: Does Deep Orthography Have an Impact?" published by Mila Vulchanova and Ammara Farukh.
- Prof. Vulchanova gives a talk at the Wiener Sprachgesellschaft (WSG).
Lab in the Press
Lab in the Press
'Benefits of bilingualism' featured on SBS
Article from Adressa (31.08.2016)
New interview on our research on autism in Kvinner og Klær
Article on language in Autism (10.09.2015)
Article from NRK (16.05.2016)
Article from NRK (13.03.2016)
Article from Forskning.no (02.09.2015)
Articel from Adressa (31.08.2015)
Article from Universitetsavisa (19.06.2014)
Article from Aftenposten. (27.11.2013)
Article from BBC NEWS magazine. (23.07. 2013)
Article from Gemini. (April 2013)
Article from Bergens Tidende. (26.03.2013)
Article from Aftenposten. (25.03.2013)
Report on Flerspråklighet i Norge Rapport.
Article from Universitetsavisa. (14.11.2012)
Article from Under Dusken. (08.11.2007)
Article from Gemini. (01.12.2007)