Unit for Laboratory Medicine
The Unit for Laboratory Medicine encompasses the fields of medical biochemistry, pharmacology, genetics, immunology and transfusion medicine, and medical microbiology.
The research activity in each area is often conducted in collaboration with the corresponding field and/or clinical unit at St. Olavs Hospital and other departments at NTNU, and other national and international research groups. Several of the research groups include PhD-, master- and research students.
- Cancer - molecular mechanisms and genetic risk factors
- Clinical microbiology and infectious disease
- Clinical pharmacology and toxicology
- Inflammation and cardiovascular disease
- Virulence factors in diarrheagenic E. coli