Mobility and Travel Grants for LingPhil members
LingPhil affiliated PhD fellows may apply for mobility grants to cover expenses for research stays abroad.
- Mobility grants may be used to cover research stays at non-Norwegian institutions provided that the visit lasts more than two weeks.
- LingPhil covers only travel and accommodation, not equipment and per diem.
- Rates for accommodation expenses should not be very high (RCN rate is not an example).
- Following documents must be sent as an attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endorsement letter from the supervisor.
- An invitation from the host institution.
- A confirmation from the home insitution on plan for the incentive money.
- If the home institution also funds the visit, please provide documentation.
- Applications for less than NOK 25 000 are processed continuously.
- Applications that exceed NOK 25 000 will be processed twice a year, at the Steering Board meetings. Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks before the Steering Board meeting.
- You can apply for mobility grant here.
LingPhil affiliated PhD fellows may apply for travel grants to cover travel expenses when participating in research courses organized by LingPhil.
Students can also apply for individual travel grants to attend MultiLing events advertized on the LingPhil website.
- All travel grants must be used on travels within Norway, unless the Steering Board decides to organize a course abroad.
- You must apply for a travel grant prior to the event.
- There is no upper-limit for the travel grant. However, reimbursement of expenses is subject to several conditions: see below.
- The application must be endorsed by the supervisor.
- You can apply for travel grant here.
Reimbursement of expenses is subject to the following conditions:
- The most efficient and economic mode of transportation should be used.
- PhD fellows travel from their home institutions.
- The number of reimbursable hotel nights should not exceed the length of the course.
- No per diem will be refunded.
- Use the standard travel claim form English Norsk
- Attachments: Reciepts/bills, copy of air ticket(s), boarding passes, filled & signed travel claim form
For queries contact email@example.com
Claiming travel expences
PhD fellows employed at NTNU should send their travel claims in PAGA.
Other affiliated PhD fellows send their travel claim by regular mail.
Full documentation should be provided for all reimbursement requests.
Send your travel claim with original receipts, tickets, kopies of boarding passes (pasted on A4 sheet), and documentation of grant approval (copy of the grant approval email).
Faculty of Humanities / Det humanistiske fakultet