Leica TCS SP5
The Leica TCS SP5 is a confocal microscope system with a broad range of scan speeds and is well suited for live-cell imaging and high-resolution morphological imaging, as well as multispectral imaging. The emission bands in front of the detectors are fully tunable due to a high efficiency prism spectrometer.
Leica DMI 6000 CS AFC Bino inverted microscope with motorized XY-stage and a touch control panel
Motorized objective nosepiece.
Super Z Galvo stage (max 1500 um travel range) for higher speed and accuracy.
Incubation system and accessories
- Large incubator covering the entire microscope, for warm air incubation and CO2-control.
- Incubator-kit for Super Z Galvo stage, including different inserts and mask sets for the stage.
- Micro dispenser for automated supply of water immersion during long term experiments.
- Hardware-based focus stabilizer.
|5x||0.15||HCX PL Fluotar||Air||- / 0.17||12|
|10x||0.40||HC PL Apo CS||Air||- / 0.17||2.20|
|20x||0.75||HC PL Apo CS2||Imm/Corr||- / 0.17||0.68|
|40x||1.1||HC PL Apo CS2||Water||0.14 - 0.18||0.65|
|63x||1.2||HC PL Apo CS2||Water||0.14 - 0.18||0.30|
|63x||1.4||HC PL Apo CS2||Oil||0.17||0.14|
The 20x immersion objective is for water, glycerine and immersion oil
The 40x and the 60x water objectives have motorized correction collars and can be used with the micro dispender
- NA 0.55 (S28), air, working distance 0.28 mm
- NA 0.90 (S1) air, working distance 1 mm
- NA 1.40 (S1) oil, working distance 1 mm
Fluorescence filter sets
|Name||Excitation filter||Emission filter||Dichroic|
|A||BP 340 - 380 nm||LP 425 nm||400 nm|
|I3||BP 483 - 498 nm||LP 515 nm||500 nm|
|Y3||BP 525 - 656 nm||BP 572 - 647 nm||565 nm|
Halogen: 12V - 100W.
Mercury shirt arc lamp HXP 120W
|Type||Wavelenght (nm)||Output power (mW)||Pulse frequency|
|UV||405||3||5, 10, 20 or 40 MHz|
|Argon||458, 476, 488, 496, 514||65 (all lines)||continuous wave|
|WLL||470 - 670||1.5 (per line)||variable, max 80 MHz|
|MP laser||690 - 1050||2500 (average at peak)||80 MHz|
- The MP laser is the TiSp-laser Chameleon Vision-S from Coherent
- An acousto-optical tunable filter (AOTF) controls the intensity of the visible excitation laser light.
- An electro-optical modulator (EOM) is used to control the intensity of the MP laser.
- An acousto-optical beam splitter (AOBS) is used to split excitation light and emission light instead of filter blocks.
Conventional scanner: 10-1400 Hz (2-3 frames/sec at 512 x 512 pixels image format)
Resonant scanner: 8000 Hz (25 frames/sec at 512 x 512 pixels image format)
Reflection/fluorescence mode (spectral detection range 400-800 nm)
- 2 x HyD (GaAsP detectors)
- 2 x PMT (standard photomultiplier tube)
The SMD platform from PiqoQuant for FLIM and FCS
- The pulsed lasers: the UV, WLL and MP laser.
- External detectors: 2 x SPAD (single photon avalanche diodes).
- Filtercube for FITC and TRITC: 500-550 and 565-605 nm (changeable).
- A SMD computer with the software SymPhoTime version 5.3.
The MP system
- The MP laser for two-photon or SHG imaging
- External NDD detectors
- 2 x HyD (GaAsP detectors) in the reflection mode.
- 2 x PMT in the transmission mode
- One filter cube for each mode with a number of different dichroic mirrors and emission filters that are easily changeable.
Software on the SP8 computer
Leica LAS AF version 3.1.2 with software modules
- FRAP Wizard
- FRAP XT Wizard
- FRET AB Wizard
- FRET SE Wizard
- FLIM Wizard
- FCS Wizard
- Matrix Screener
- Live Data Mode
Software on the SMD computer
SymPhoTime version 5.3 from PiqoQuant.