NTNU-CSC Scholarship - PhD
NTNU has signed an agreement with China Scholarship Council (CSC) on a joint scholarship program for Chinese citizens on degree-seeking PhD (up to 20 per year) and exchange PhD (up to 10 per year) at NTNU.
Candidates will be citizens of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application. They must therefore fulfill the relevant academic entry requirements set by NTNU, including a high level of English language proficiency:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 95 points on the internet based test, or
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) with a minimum overall band score of 6.5.
The final admission decision is always at the discretion of NTNU in accordance with Norwegian National Legislation.
Application and selection process
Applicants can apply for available CSC-NTNU joint scholarship positions.
- Before you apply, please read the position description carefully and check whether you are qualified.
- When the selection process is completed, NTNU's administration will inform you about the result.
- The nominated candidates will receive the offer in an official letter from NTNU.
- Nominated candidates should complete the CSC application as required. An application guide will be published on the CSC official website.
- CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities and inform the successful candidates.
Degree-seeking PhD students
CSC will provide a living stipend, currently at 12,500 NOK per month for a period of up to forty-eight (48) months, and will cover a round-trip international airfare between China and Norway.
NTNU will provide a monthly additional funding for a period of up to forty-eight (48) months, which combined with the CSC living stipend ensures the sufficient income (currently minimum 17,000 NOK per month) required by NTNU. No tuition fees will be charged for PhD candidates at NTNU.
Exchange doctoral students
CSC will provide a living stipend, currently at 12,500 NOK per month for a period of six to twelve (6–12) months, and will cover a round-trip international airfare between China and Norway.
NTNU will provide a monthly additional funding for six to twelve (6–12) months which combined with CSC living stipend ensures the sufficient income (currently 17,000 NOK per month) required by NTNU. No tuition fees will be charged for PhD candidates at NTNU.
December 2020–February 2021
- Announcement and Evaluation of candidates at department level.
28 February 2021
- The list of selected candidates sent from department to NTNUs programme coordinator.
- Official offer and invitation letters sent to the selected candidates.
8 March 2021
- NTNUs program coordinator sends NTNUs list of selected candidates to CSC.
- NTNUs selected candidates apply for the scholarship directly to CSC.
- CSC evaluation of NTNUs selected candidates.
- CSC sends confirmation letter to approved candidates by CSC.
- Approved candidates come to NTNU on agreed date.
- Approved candidates apply to the relevant PhD program at NTNU.