Master's degree programme, 2 years, Ålesund
Product and System Design
– Learning outcome
Learning outcome - Knowledge
- has general understanding complex marine operations and their need for special design solutions.
- has advanced knowledge within the specified field (master thesis topic)
- is able to understand and use proper terminology.
Learning outcome - Skills
- can work independently on practical and theoretical problems (find the relevant sources, methods).
- is able to work with modern computer programs (CAD programs, CFD programs )is able to design and analyze/simulate machinery- and propulsion systems, as well as ship equipment as for example deck machinery and cargo handling systems.
- is able to plan, initiate and execute complex systems engineering projects
- is able to manage a product family in a company (from customer relations to product portfolio management)
Learning outcome - General competence
- can analyze relevant academic, professional and research ethical problems
- can apply his/her knowledge and skills in new areas in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects
- can communicate extensive independent work and master language and terminology of the academic field
- can communicate about academic issues, analysis and conclusions in the field, both with specialists and the general public
- can contribute to new thinking and innovation processes
- qualified for PhD study