Course - Norwegian sign language 1 (1-10) module 1 - TEGN6100
TEGN6100 - Norwegian sign language 1 (1-10) module 1
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
To develop basic vocabulary in Norwegian Sign Language
- To learn about basic grammar in Norwegian Sign Language
- To start using Norwegian Sign Language for communicative purposes with pupils in the school
- To get to know digital resources in Norwegian Sign Language
- To get to know curricula for deaf and hard of hearing pupils
- have knowledge about some basic grammatical elements in Norwegian Sign Language
- have knowledge about Norwegian Sign Language as a fully fledged language
- have knowledge about legislations and curricula regarding deaf and hard of hearing pupils
- have knowledge about the history of education of the deaf
- have started to develop their signed vocabulary
- can recognize and use some basic grammatical elements from Norwegian Sign Language in communication with others
- can conduct a conversation in Norwegian Sign Language about some known themes
- has strategies to continue to develop their own Norwegian Sign Language skills
- has strategies to communicate with deaf and hard of hearing people
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and self study. Individual work and group work with practical and theoretical assignments. Group and class discussions, presentations for the whole group. Use of IKT-technology. Video analysis of signed language. Nettbased teaching. Sharing knowledge with colleagues at work, which means trying out new knowledge and didactics.
Further on evaluation
2 written assignments. 3 practical assignments regarding practical Norwegian Sign Language. Obligatory assignments are graded pass/fail. All obligatory assignments must have a 'pass' grade before the student can take the final exam. Candidates who are about to be denied taking the final exam du to obligatory assignments not having a 'pass' grade must be notified in accordance with the regulations relating to studies and examination at NTNU.
Demonstration of skills, practical work, individually (70%). Individual written home assignment (30%). Allowed aids: www.tegnordbok.no
New exam will be held in accordance with the regulations relating to studies and examination at NTNU. If a student fails one part of the exam, they can retake only that part of the exam.
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Norwegian sign language, continuing education for teachers (FJTEGNVUÅ)
Required previous knowledge
Teachers training or the equivalent thereof and working in primary school or high school.
The reading list will be announced at the beginning of the semester
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Further education, lower degree level
Language of instruction: Norwegian, Norwegian Sign Language
- Language Studies
- Norwegian Sign Language and Interpreting
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Language and Literature
Department with administrative responsibility
Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Development
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"