Course - Norwegian sign language 2 (1-10) module 2 - TEGN6201
TEGN6201 - Norwegian sign language 2 (1-10) module 2
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
Students will build on the knowledge and skills acquired in Norwegian Sign Language 2, part 1. They will work with themes related to deaf and hard of hearing pupils in school and use teaching materials in sign language and IKT-technology. This is achieved by: continuing to develop their vocabulary in Norwegian Sign Language in conversations about school related matters, continuing to develop skills in and use of basic grammatical structures in Norwegian Sign Language, reflecting on the use of Norwegian Sign Language in teaching and communication in schools, using IKT-technology and teaching materials in Norwegian Sign Language, analyzing curricula for deaf and hard of hearing pupils and relating it to their own work.
Having completed the course, a student is expected to have the following knowledge, skills and general competencies:
- have knowledge about basic grammatical elements in Norwegian Sign Language
- can inform colleagues about existing teaching materials in Norwegian Sign Language that can be used by all pupils
- can reflect about their own professional practice and adjust it under supervision
- can describe grammatical elements in Norwegian Sign Language
- can understand simple discourse in Norwegian Sign Language and reformulate them in spoken Norwegian
- conduct a conversation in Norwegian Sign Language about school related subjects
- use grammatical elements from Norwegian Sign Language in their own signed production
- convey their knowledge about, and use digital teaching materials in Norwegian Sign Language as part of inclusive teaching
- can relate practical and theoretical knowledge to their own professional practice and convey it to colleagues in their own schools.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and self study. Individual work and group work with practical and theoretical assignments. Group and class discussions, presentations for the whole group. Video analysis of signed language.
- Obligatoriske arbeidskrav
Further on evaluation
Video-recordings of two Norwegian Sign Language assignments, and presentations in Norwegian Sign Language,individually and in groups. Students will write an essay on a theme relevant for the course and their own professional practice. Home examination (2 weeks): Written exam related to a relevant case = 40%. Practical group examination in Norwegian Sign Language = 60%. Grades: A-F
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Norwegian sign language, continuing education for teachers (FJTEGNVUÅ)
Required previous knowledge
To be accepted into the course you have to be employed as a teacher, be a trained teacher and have 30 ECTS in Norwegian Sign Language 1 or the equivalent
The reading list will be announced at the beginning of the semester
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Further education, lower degree level
Language of instruction: Norwegian, Norwegian, Norwegian Sign Language
- Teacher Education
- Language Studies
- Norwegian Sign Language and Interpreting
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Language and Literature
Department with administrative responsibility
Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Development
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"