Course - Energy and Indoor Environment, Specialization Project - TEP4530
TEP4530 - Energy and Indoor Environment, Specialization Project
Examination arrangement: Work
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The specialization project is aimed at technical, economic and environmental analyzes of systems that require energy. This includes both demand and energy requirements, as well as transformation, transport and use of energy. The project can also be aimed at analyzing and developing infrastructure and relevant systems that contribute to the efficient and environmental use and supply of energy for a sustainable society, where energy needs are primarily covered by energy sources such as biomass, solar, natural gas and other fossil fuels, but it can also include integrated heating and electrical systems. Relevant areas for the project assignment are the following:
- Heating and energy planning
- Climatization of buildings.
- Energy-flexible heating systems - hydronic heating systems.
- Heat pumps for air conditioning.
- Intelligent and energy efficient buildings.
- Modeling and simulation of climate systems.
- Indoor environment and health, efficiency and productivity.
- Ventilation system solutions.
- Airflow in rooms and buildings.
- Safety and fire ventilation.
- Environmental impact assessments.
For further information on possible, relevant project areas and supervisors, refer to the specialization project for the respective groups. Read more at: http://www.ntnu.edu/ept/project-work
KNOWLEDGE: The specialization project provides the student with knowledge and specialization within a specific topic such as: Energy flexible heating systems - hydronic heating system; Heat pumps for climatization; Intelligent and energy sufficient buildings; Modeling and simulation of HVAC system; Indoor climate, health, well being and productivity; HVAC-systems in practice; Air flow pattern in rooms and buildings; and Safety and fire ventilation.
SKILLS: The specialization project should enable the student to work with scientific methods, including acquisition of complementary knowledge from literature and other sources, and how to combine this with own knowledge.
GENERAL COMPETENCE: After ended specialization project the student should be able to:
- Be competent in completion of a major independent project, including preparing a project plan with milestones, reporting of partial results and writing the project report:
- Apply this expertise in developing and designing energy efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for buildings.
Learning methods and activities
Independent self study project work with guidance. The mark is set based on the project work. The guidance and advice are in English for students who do not speak Norwegian.
Recommended previous knowledge
Prior to access to the specialization project it is a prerequisite that the student has a course combination that provides a sufficient scientific basis for carrying out the project work in a good way. It is necessary to document equivalent knowledge of the courses TEP4245 Building Environmental Design and Engineering and TEP4235 Energy management in buildings. For exchange students there are two additional requirements: 1) the student has to follow the academic year at NTNU and accept NTNU's requirements about the specialization project and examination length; 2) the student has to take the specialization courses TEP4535. Exceptions are allowed according to the appointment with a supervisor.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Energy and Indoor Environment
- Energy and Process Engineering
- Technological subjects
Examination arrangement: Work
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"