Course - Industrial Mechatronics - TPK4128
TPK4128 - Industrial Mechatronics
Examination arrangement: School exam
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|School exam||100/100||4 hours||C|
The course is on mechatronics for industrial production systems. This includes the implementation, use, and programming of single-board computers, PLC-based and other industrial computer systems. Embedded- and real-time systems, industrial bus systems, interfacing, operating systems and communication protocols for these. Use of C, Linux and TCP/IP on e.g. Raspberry PI, Python, ROS, virtual machines, computer vision, OPC-UA and selected Industry 4.0 topics will be taught and practiced. Furthermore, sensors, actuators, power supplies, motor drives, pneumatic and hydraulic actuators, aspects of dependability for industrial computer systems, and development methodologies. The students will get practical skills through extensive, weekly laboratory exercises with a focus on practical programming.
The course shall give knowledge about:
- Design and programming of PLC, single board computers and other computer systems for use in industrial computer control systems, as well as in embedded- and mechatronics system in general.
- Methods for interconnecting systems and components using networks, bus systems and electronics.
- Specification and use of interfaces and protocols. Sensors, actuators, power supplies and motor drives.
- The course shall give skills in design, implementation and programming of industrial computer systems, such as single board computers and PLCs, with the associated computer networks, sensors and actuators.
- The course shall give competance in industrial and embedded computer systems, PLC systems and mechatronics.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, exercises and laboratory tasks, both individual and group tasks. The lectures and exercises are in English when students who do not speak Norwegian take the course. If the teaching is given in English the Examination papers will be given in English only. Students are free to choose Norwegian or English for written assessments.
Further on evaluation
3/4 of the Laboratory tasks and excersises have to be accepted in order to be given the right to attend the exam.
Mandatory work from previous semester can be accepted by the Department by re-take of an examination if there haven't been any significant changes later. By a re-take of an examination all assessments during the course, that counts in the final grade, have to be re-taken.
If there is a re-sit examination, the examination form may be changed from written to oral.
Recommended previous knowledge
To be announced at the start of the course.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: SPRING 2023
Language of instruction: English
- Computer and Information Science
- Manufacturing Systems
- Production and Quality Engineering - Manufacturing Systems
- Information Technology and Informatics
- Technological subjects
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Examination arrangement: School exam
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD School exam 100/100 C 2023-05-30 15:00 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates SL111 orange sone Sluppenvegen 14 56 SL274 Sluppenvegen 14 6
- Summer UTS School exam 100/100 C INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"