Information technology permeates all aspects of society and has become critical to industry, government, and individual well-being. Securing these vital services and structures and the availability of trustworthy information whenever and wherever it is required has become both an area of intensive research and also of burgeoning commercial activity.
A Master of Science in Information Security will provide you with the knowledge and theoretical background as well as with the requisite skills and attitudes to succeed in this challenging yet eminent field. The programme offers a wide range of courses, both technical modules and modules dealing with social, legal and management aspects.
This is a two-year master program (120 ECTS credits), which is also available part-time.
Major areas of study
- Cryptography and security mechanisms
- Network security
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Digital an computational forensics
- Security management
- Biometric authentication
- Information warfare
- Wireless communication security
- Legal aspects of information security
- Organisational and human aspects of information security
- Risk analysis
The programme has three tracks:
- Cyber and Information Security Technology
- Information Security Management
- Digital forensics