MSc in Biology has four specializations:
- Cell and Molecular Biology,
- Ecology, Behaviour, Evolution and Biosystematics
- Biodiversity and Systematics (Nordic Master)
For more information on the compostion of the study-plan and course outline take a look at the Study-plan.
The master-degree study has two main components
- Master- thesis (60 credits)
- Theoretical and methodological courses, mandatory and elective courses (60 credits)
A general condition of a MSc in Biology is two years of full-time study where the normal workload for a full-time student for one academic year is 60 credits. Teaching is given in English for all four study areas.
The specializations are different in terms of compulsory majors for admission (admission requirements).
Special information for a Master's student specializing in Biology: