Programme components - Master of Science (MSc) in Chemistry 2-years -Trondheim - Master of Science in Chemistry (MSCHEM)
The programme requires two years of full-time study, beginning with the autumn term (mid August). The normal workload for a full-time student for one academic year is 60 ECTS credits.
There are two main components to the Masters programme:
- Masters thesis (60 ECTS credits)
- Theoretical and methodological courses, some compulsory and some elective (60 ECTS credits)
- Experts in team work (7.5 ECTS credits) (Spring)
- KJ3091 Special syllabus for Master's degree (7.5 ECTS credits) (Last semester)
There are recommended elective courses for each specialization. At least 30 ECTS credits of them must be at the master level (3000-level). The courses are chosen in collaboration with your academic supervisor.
For more information take a look at the Study plan.
- For master students: Information about doing a Master Thesis at the Department of Chemistry (wiki)
- General information on "How to write your Master Thesis"
- Research at the Department of Chemistry
- FAQ's for prospective students