WE WELCOME YOUR APPLICATION!
General Admission applications for
start August 2017 is open between
1 October 2016 - 1 March 2017
|Application Opening Periods||Opens||Closes|
|Erasmus Mundus Partner Country Scholarships||1 Oct 2016||1 Dec 2016|
|Erasmus Mundus Programme Country Scholarships||1 Oct 2016||1 Jan 2017|
|General Admission / Self-funded Applicants||1 Oct 2016||1 Mar 2017|
All of the following application documents must be uploaded as attachments to the online application.
1. Online application through NTNU (read step-by-step information that follows below). In addition the CoMEM specific application form filled in electronically and uploaded as a word document and signature page signed and uploaded as a pdf document.
2.Original academic degree(s) in language of origin
3.Translation of your academic degree(s) in English
4.Original lists of grades/marks (transcripts) in language of origin.
Applicants from Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Nigeria, the Philippines, Sudan, Uganda and USA must supply hard copies of their university grade transcripts and diplomas, in addition to uploading them. This must be sent directly from your college/university in a sealed envelope to NTNU. Applicants from other countries may also be asked to provide hard copies. Applicants from China and Pakistan must have verified their educational documents through China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) and The Higher Education Commission (HEC), respectively. The verification report must be sent as a hard copy to NTNU by post. (see address below)
5.Translation of grades/marks (transcripts) in English
6.Proof of English language
• Original report providing the TOEFL score. The TOEFL organization will send the score directly to NTNU if you supply them with university code 9652. Requirement: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) iBT total score of at least 90, with a minimum sub score of 21 for each part of the test, or
• Original report providing the IELTS score (academic version). Requirements: IELTS total score of at least 6.5, with a minimum sub score of 6.0 for each part of the test, i.e. speaking, writing , reading and listening or
• The University of Cambridge 'Certificate of Proficiency in English' (CPE) or the University of Cambridge 'Certificate in Advanced English' (CAE).
CoMEM requires the language certificate to have been issued within the past two years. NOTE: If you choose the City, University of London (Track 2) for the 3rd and 4th semester you will apply for a student visa that requires that you at the time of application hold an English test not older than two years. This means that you should either submit a newly taken test when applying or must be prepared to re-take an exam in the event your test is older than 2 years when applying for the UK student visa for more than 6 months.
Please further note:
* Exclusively nationals from the USA, the English speaking part of Canada, U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand are exempt from the English language requirement.
**Apply early for the language tests; it may take a long time to register and for the test to be processed. We allow for an extra time allowance for the English test scores. TOEFL/IELTS test scores have to be received at latest by 15. February 2017. All other application documents on this list must be uploaded by the deadline.
***Nationals of P.R. of China: In order to obtain the NUFFIC certificate to be able to study in The Netherlands you need to take the IELTS or TOEFL test. A NUFFIC certificate must be sent to NTNU as proof of validity of qualifications at date of application.
7.Two letters of recommendation in English (one from an official of the faculty from which you obtained or will obtain your diploma; one from employer or official, e.g. the supervisor of your BSc thesis work)
8.A clear and CoMEM relevant statement in English (1000 words maximum). This statement should explain why you would be a good participant in the CoMEM MSc programme. This should include your: 1) academic and personal motivation; 2) relevant skills and abilities.
9.A resume (Curriculum Vitae – CV) in English
10.A photocopy of the pages of your passport that give your name, date of birth, place of birth and passport expiry date.
11. Verification place of residence of the student. The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of the documents listed in the PRADO website. For example:
a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules;
a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question. The supporting documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline for applying for an EMMC student scholarship, i.e. the consortium's official deadline for student selection.
* Please note: if accepted and you confirm your participation in the programme you must hold a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your CoMEM graduation date.
**Please note: your scholarship application is only considered complete and will be reviewed when ALL documents (Exception: TOEFL/IELTS test scores have to be received at latest by 15. February 2017), have been uploaded and submitted. The deadline for Partner Country scholarship applicant students is 1. December 2016. For Programme Country scholarship applicant students the deadline is 1. January 2017.
*** Students may submit a maximum of three applications for Erasmus+ Masters courses. In the case that a student applies to more than three Erasmus+ Masters Courses, the student will be excluded from the selection for an Erasmus+ scholarship.
ADDRESS: NTNU International House, Gløshaugen Campus, O. S. Bragstads plass 3, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
The general online application form * for NTNU is published on the NTNU website. This application is to be filled in online through an integrated application database and required attached documents to be uploaded.
* = IMPORTANT Please read first the information below before opening the online application portal. Upon opening the link you need to follow the steps described below:
1. This page is in Norwegian. Click on the tab in the right hand corner, scroll and choose language “English”. 2. Click on the tab “International Applicant”, then the grey box called “Register new international applicant”
3. Answer the questions regarding your student status and personal ID-number.
4. Answer the question concerning documentation of your English language proficiency.
5. Answer the question regarding residence permit in Norway. Unless you have a permanent residence permit for Norway you MUST choose the alternative "Yes, I have a study permit" (even though you don't hold this yet). DO NOT choose "No, I do not have a permit".
6. Answer the question concerning financing by choosing the alternative "I have a Scholarship " if you intend to apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship.
You have now reached the application form. Please register as an applicant, and you will receive your password by e-mail. Log on to the application web with your e-mail address and password, and fill in the application details. As a final step you need to upload your supporting documents in the database. Please note that there is no "submit" button. After you have submitted the online application and uploaded your documents, you will receive a receipt by e-mail. You can change your application as many times as you like up until the deadline.