Programme components - Industrial Design - Masterprogramme - 2 years - Trondheim
(MSc in) Industrial Design
The first year consists of compulsory and elective courses to give you an opportunity to specialize further in a topic of your interest.
Compulsory courses during the 1st year
- TPD4156 Design 7 - Society (7,5 sp)
- AAR4895 Visual Communication 3 (7,5 sp)
- TPD4169 Design for Industrialization (7,5 sp) / IT2805 Web Technologies (7,5 sp)
- TPD4153 Structural Packaging Design (7,5 sp) / TPD4167 Information Visualisation (7,5 sp)
- TPD4166 Design 8 - Strategy (7,5 sp)
- Experts in Teamwork (EiT) (7,5 sp)
In addition, students pick elective courses. The published courses may be subject to changes. Students should always consult the most up-to-date study plan.
The selection of an elective course in the spring semester must be made after consultation with the Department of Design.
Specializing in the 2nd year
In the second year students have much freedom to specialize.
We offer tailor-made project courses where students further explore, theoretically and practically, areas such as human factors in design, sustainable design, applied aesthetics, healthcare and welfare design, service design and strategic design.
Devoted to writing your master thesis: The final test in the Industrial Design programme.
Read more about the master thesis here.