Programme components - Industrial Design - Masterprogramme - 2 years - Trondheim
Many of the courses have a close connection to ongoing research at the Department of Design.
For further information about the academic content for the first three years of the 5-year Industrial Design Engineering curriculum, please refer to the pages for the 5-year Master Industrial Design.
Information relevant for the academic year of 2020/2021:
(MSc in) Industrial Design
The first year consists of compulsory and elective courses to give you an opportunity to specialize further in a topic of your interest.
Compulsory courses during the 1st year
- TPD4156 Design 7 - Society (7,5 sp)
- AAR4895 Visual Communication 3 (7,5 sp)
- TPD4169 Design for Industrialization (7,5 sp) / IT2805 Web Technologies (7,5 sp)
- TPD4153 Structural Packaging Design (7,5 sp) / TPD4167 Information Visualisation (7,5 sp)
- TPD4166 Design 8 - Strategy (7,5 sp)
- Experts in Teamwork (EiT) (7,5 sp)
In addition, students pick elective courses. The published courses may be subject to changes. Students should always consult the most up-to-date study plan.
The selection of an elective course in the spring semester must be made after consultation with the Department of Design.
In the second year students have much freedom to specialize: in autumn, we offer tailor-made project courses where students further explore, theoretically and practically, areas such as human factors in design, sustainable design, applied aesthetics, healthcare and welfare design, service design and strategic design.The spring semester is devoted to writing your master thesis.