Courses - Historical and Cultural Studies
The coursework component consists of the following three elements:
- Advanced studies in theories of science and ethics, 10 ECTS credits
- Advanced studies in theory and method, 10 ECTS credits
- Discipline-related element,10 ECTS credits
The PhD-programme in Historical and Cultural Studies offers the following courses:
- Course in method: HIKU8861 - Theory and method in Historical and Cultural Studies
- HIST8871 - Discipline Related Course in History
- FI8871 - Discipline related Course in Philosophy
- RVI8871 - Discipline Related Course in Religious Studies
- ARK8871 - Discipline Related Course in Archaeology
The disciplinary courses are offered with various intervals and it will be announced at the beginning of the term whether the course is scheduled.
The Faculty of Humanities recommends KULT8851 - Theories of Science as the course in foundation of the humanities/theories of science. The course is offered by the PhD-programme in Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture.
Electives should include relevant courses offered at the local, national or international level. The courses must be approved ahead of time by both the supervisor and the Head of the PhD-programme. This also applies if the candidate wishes to replace some of the courses outlined in the curriculum.