Nurse Anesthesia - Further Education Programme - Trondheim
Nurse anesthesia implies monitoring, nursing and implementing anesthesiological procedures for patients who are either undergoing surgery, various medical examinations, or in an emergency medical condition. This means that the nurse anesthetist initiates and administers general anesthesia, regional anesthesia and sedation in a secure and purposeful manner.
The nurse anesthetist works knowledge-based, which means that the profession is based on science and research knowledge, experience knowledge and user knowledge, And through this knowledge, skills and clinical competence, takes care of the patient's needs for nursing and anesthesia in a high-tech environment.
The further education programme covers three semesters, all of which contain theoretical and practical studies. The theoretical courses are organized in periods of 9-11 weeks duration. Between the theoretical periods, there is supervised practical studies of 9-12 week duration. The programme makes use of a variety of teaching methods; lectures, group work, PBL, skillstraining and simulation.
The practical training will take place at anesthesia department at St. Olavs Hospital. The hospitals in Levanger and Namsos are also relevant internships.
The theoretical part of the programme is divided into five subjects, which together account for 45 credits. Four of these are common subjects, while the fifth is linked to the nursing specialty.
List of courses
- HVUT8067 Introduction to Research Methology
- HVUT8065 Medical and Natural Sciences
- HVUT8040 Written thesis in Specialized Nursing
- HVUT8047 Patient Experiences, Reactions and Ehical Issues
- HSAS8001 Nurse Anesthesia: Profession and Practice
- HSAS804P Basic Nurse Anesthesia (Practical Studies)
- HSAS805P Advanced Nurse Anesthesia (Practical Studies)
- HSAS806P Special Nurse Anesthesia (Practical Studies)