Pre-submission Draft Feedback
Given that this year's conference theme is Diversity in Web Audio, we would like to welcome everyone to submit. We realize that those individuals who are independent from academic institutions might feel intimidated in the submission process. A number of submissions from individuals outside institutions often have great ideas and novel perspectives, but miss the experience of academic writing. We would like to take action in lowering the barrier to entry and encourage submissions from a wider variety of backgrounds. We would like to make people feel more confident, supported and welcome regarding submitting.
With this goal, we propose a pre-submission draft feedback process where voluntary reviewers will give anonymous feedback to submission drafts.
Those interested should send their drafts at email@example.com and write a paragraph about yourselves that provides evidence that you are not associated with any institution. Although this is a single-blind conference (reviewers know who are the authors), we will make sure that the reviewers are not assigned the same paper in the reviewing process to keep the reviewing process as neutral as possible. The pre-submission draft feedback will be available until June 9 so there is time for the reviewers to read the draft and provide feedback, and also time for the author to address the feedback.
We acknowledge that this action is an experiment that hopelly works out and becomes a successful pilot that can be trialled at larger events in the future!
- September 3, 2019: Our registration system is now open (early-bird registration until September 22, 2019, don't miss it!!!): https://ntnu.eventsair.com/wac-2019/registration/Site/Register
- September 1, 2019: Check our accommodation recommendations with special prices, see our preliminary draft program and make sure to stay on Friday December 6, which we are preparing to be a special Friday with professional panels and discussions, great workshops and a final party!
- August 19, 2019: The call for diversity tickets is out! To be eligible, you need to fill in the following online survey, available until September 8: http://tiny.cc/WAC19-call-diversity
- June 14, 2019: Deadline for submissions has been extended to June 23 (preliminary versions with at least title and abstract) and June 30 for final versions. Don't miss it!
- June 12, 2019: We are very happy to welcome our first silver sponsor: the NTNU Department of Electronic Systems! Also we are very glad to welcome Trondheim kommune as a collaborator! Thanks for your support!
- May 29, 2019: We are very pleased to announce our first bronze sponsor: Ableton! Thanks for your support! We have also announced the sponsorship packages that are available at WAC 2019 here.
- May 24, 2019: We have launched a pre-submission draft feedback process for those individuals who are independent from academic institutions.
- April 10, 2019: Mozilla is supporting the conference as a Diversity Sponsor! We will create a call for diversity grants and constitute a diversity committee.
- March 26, 2019: The Call for Submissions is open here, a selection of the best papers will be offered the opportunity to publish an extended version at JAES.
- March 8, 2019: ROLI will be a Diversity sponsor. If you want to know more about diversity in web audio, the conference theme for this year, visit our dedicated page.
- February 28, 2019: The Code of Conduct of WAC 2019 has been published!
- February 14, 2019: The website of WAC 2019 has been launched: https://ntnu.edu/wac2019! Help us to spread the word and keep an eye on our daily updates!
- September 21, 2018: The WAC 2019 conference and committee was announced during WAC 2018 in Berlin. It was very well received by the WAC community, see you all in Trondheim!