Session 3 detailed description
Tuesday 29. May, 09:00 - 12:45
Minor Theme: Diversity and Dynamite!
Location: EL6 (View floorplan)
- How good are we at diversifying and obtaining new results or finding new ways of doing things in academia – and benefitting from diversity in an intended way?
- How can we achieve full potential, given the fact that we have too small a representation of women amongst our staff, faculty, and students?
- How can we turn diversity away from being a complication and rather focus on what it can give us in potential outcomes, results or products that we could not have obtained without diversity?
- Job announcements
- Promotion criteria
- Student recruiting
- Criteria for acceptance for studies
- How we talk amongst ourselves and describe ourselves
- How we explain and describe student courses and classes in the catalogues
- How we act and what we say as leaders
- How do we welcome weird solutions and disruptive ideas?
- How tolerant are we for other cultural or conceptual ways of thinking?
- How quickly do we jump to conclusion and interpretations of unfamiliar designs?
- How often do we ask an extra question instead of disregarding something as nonsense?
Mike Hounslow, Vice President
University of Sheffield (England)
Calum MacKichan, Communication Officer
09:00 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:15
10:15 - 11:30
11:30 – 12:15
12:15 - 12:45