The 9th Euroconference on Rock Physics and Geomechanics - Call for abstracts
Call for abstracts
Call for abstracts
The 9thEuroconference on Rock Physics and Geomechanics will take place in Trondheim, Norway 17-21 October 2011. The main headline of the conference is:
Linking Laboratory, Computational and Field Experience
The organizers invite active participation from academia as well as industry. Industrial applications of rock physics and geomechanics towards exploration and recovery of minerals and energy resources from the Earth, including petroleum and geothermal energy, will be highlighted. Subsurface storage of solid and fluid waste, including nuclear waste and climate gas such as CO2, is another area where geomechanics and rock physics knowledge is needed in the future. We invite abstracts covering both fundamental and applied research on rock physics and geomechanics. Topics of particular relevance are:
- Computational rock physics and geomechanics from pore to field scale
- Laboratory measurements of rock mechanical and rock physical properties under in situ conditions
- Geomechanics and rock physics aspects of monitoring of subsurface processes
- Physics and mechanics of near surface rock and soil
- Physics and mechanics of rocks at depth
- Shale and clay behaviour
- Initiation, activation and propagation of fractures and faults
- Rock burst, mining and stimulation induced seismicity
The abstracts should be 1-2 pages, preferably including one figure. Please indicate which of the topics numbered above that your abstract should sort under. There will be oral and poster sessions, so the authors need to indicate their preferred format of presentation. Abstract submission deadline is 20. June.
Download and submit Abstract here.
Notification of acceptance will be given by 10 July. Approved abstracts will be printed in a booklet to be distributed at the conference. Full Papers are invited after the conference for publication in the "International Journal of Rock Mechanics".
We look forward to seeing you in Trondheim in October!
Rune M Holt (on behalf of the organizers)