SFI MOVE - The Centre - MOVE
Main objective: Establish a world leading research and innovation centre for demanding marine operations.
The centre shall:
- Support the innovation process of the marine operations value chain through active involvement from the industry, thus improving the competitiveness of Norwegian maritime industry.
- Develop knowledge, methods and tools for more safe, efficient and robust installation and maintenance of offshore structures and equipment.
- Contribute to the strategic development at NTNU and MARINTEK towards a global centre for research and development within demanding marine operations.
- Contribute to the strategic development at NTNU Ålesund towards a testing and training centre in demanding marine operations. The two centres will collaborate closely to support innovation throughout the Marine Operations value chain.
- Mathematical models that correctly describe the physics of challenging marine operations, validated by experiments, used for verification analyses and for support to the innovation process towards new methods and equipment.
- Simplified and efficient versions of these models used in monitoring- and decision support systems based on real-time modelling and statistical processing of data.
- Integrated simulator models to test and improve human, technology and organizational interaction in marine operations, reducing the risk for personnel and equipment and the time spent to qualify the operation.
- Control architecture, demonstrators and prototypes, and business cases for the prototypes
- A forum for exchange of information and experience between major stakeholders within Marine Operations.
- Strengthened education through transfer of research results and experience into Master-level specialized courses, PhD training and laboratories at NTNU and NTNU Ålesund.
- Results from the project will be made available as
- publications in top-ranked international peer-reviewed journals and at international peer-reviewed conferences.
- databases and numerical tools for designing and planning demanding operations
- on-board systems providing guidance and decision support during operation
- training scenarios and enhanced simulator modules for preparation and training of personnel for demanding operations
- Arena for design and innovation of demanding marine operations