OceanLab - node 2
Node 2 top
Node 2 text
The world's first test area for autonomous ships was established in Trondheimsfjorden in 2016 by NTNU and SINTEF together with industrial partners (Kongsberg Seatex, Kongsberg Maritime, Maritime Robotics) and public partners (Port of Trondheim, The Norwegian Coastal Administration and The Norwegian Maritime Authorities).
The OceanLab project is the phase 1 investments in sensors, technologies and other equipment that shall support the research, education, innovation and development to be performed in the test area.
OceanLab will hence support the Norwegian maritime industry in strengthening their global market impact within autonomous shipping and educate the next generation of technology competence.
- Detection (2 x radars, cameras).
- Communication (4G/5G).
- E-Navigation (AIS, 2 x weather stations)
- Electric work boat.
- OceanInfo (data portal).
- Technology for autonomous ships.
- Situational awareness.
- Remote control functions and operations.
- Resilience in autonomous operations.
- Autonomy logistics and transport chains.
- Cost-benefit analysis.