CrAFt – Creating Actionable Futures
CrAFt – Creating Actionable Futures
An EU-funded coordination and support action for
New European Bauhaus transformations
towards climate-neutral, beautiful and inclusive cities
How we will support cities:
The CrAFt project will place the transition to climate neutrality at the heart of urban stakeholders:
3 Sandbox Cities (Amsterdam, Bologna, Prague) + 70 Reference Cities
Test and share solutions for NEBifying cities together with cultural, artistic and creative sectors, arts and design schools, universities, property owners and tenants, citizens and communities
Support to the European Mission on Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities
Guidance and mutual learning exercises to assist the NetZeroCities Mission Platform and the mission cities with the design and deployment of Climate City Contracts
Guidance Package for Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities: NEB Edition
NEB-inspired model of pathways to climate neutrality based on 160 collaborative local governance models, tools and testimonials and featuring 80 emblematic projects
Young NEB: Build long-term local capacity for engaging STEAM students
Shape the next generation of NEB doers through university-city agreements, design challenges, hackathons, action research and a next-generation think/do tank
Europe-wide multimedia storytelling campaign on climate-neutral futures
Compelling and inclusive narratives for, with and by citizens and communities to spur more sustainable and climate-friendly patterns and practices
Ready to get CRAFTy? Get in touch:
Stay tuned to learn more about us and how you can work with us.
Full website coming soon:
Newsletter coming soon.
Project coordinator: Annemie Wyckmans, NTNU
Where you can find us next
- CrAFt Kick-off 12-13 May 2022, Trondheim, Norway.
- NordicEdge Stavanger, 11 May 2022, Session: 112 Climate Neutral Cities: Where to start?
- The Festival of the New European Bauhaus, 9-12 June 2022, Brussels
- Interactive Exhibition space: GET CrAFty! Meet us and discuss you city pathways and needs. Please register: 9th June, 10th June, 11th June, 12th June.
- Session “Making NEB transformations happen: Views from the CrAFt Sandbox Cities” to meet our 3 cities Amsterdam, Bologna, and Prague. 10th June, Online and hybrid, followed by a local Aperitif (Register please, local spaces are limited. Online meeting link will be sent before the event)
“Making NEB transformations happen: Views from the CrAFt Sandbox Cities”
Meet the 3 CrAFt cities Amsterdam, Bologna, and Prague and discuss their sustainability strategies, NEB city approaches, and the knowledge partnerships of cities and universities.
15:30 – 15:45: Welcome
Massimo Busuoli (moderator, NTNU Brussels), Philippe Froissard (Head of Unit, Future Urban and Mobility Systems, DG RTD), Annemie Wyckmans (NTNU, CrAFt),
15:45 – 16:05: Amsterdam
Rutger Oorsprong (Strategist Sustainable Innovation at City of Amsterdam)
Federica Colombo and Mareile Zuber (Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences)
16:05 – 16:25: Bologna
Piero Pelizzaro (Head of the Europe and International Relation Department at the City of Bologna)
Claudio Lantieri and Leonardo Cameli (University of Bologna)
16:25 – 16:45: Prague
Jaromír Beránek (Head of IT and Smart City Committee of the Prague City Assembly)
Tomáš Vácha (Innovation Manager Operátor ICT, a.s.)
16:45 – 17:00: Discussion, closing
- NetZeroCities Mission City Kick off Event, 13th June 2022, Brussels. CrAFt info station for cities (invitation only)
- World Urban Forum, 26-30 June 2022, Katowice, Poland
Project partners: Meet the CrAFters
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology – NTNU (coordinator), NO
- University of Bologna, IT
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, NL
- Czech Technical University in Prague, CZ
- European League of Institutes of the Arts (ELIA), NL
- European Cultural Foundation (ECF), NL
- International Union of Property Owners (UIPI), BE
- Locality Europe, NL
CrAFt supports the EU Cities Mission:
The Mission has recently selected the 100 + 12 cities participating in the Mission for Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030: EC press release about the anouncement and Factsheet about the selected cities.
The EU Mission has also announced 5 Lighthouse demonstrators of the New European Bauhaus (NEB) and highlighted the CrAFt role in supporting them:
Another project, the CRAFT (CReating Actionable FuTures) coordination and support action, will support all five selected projects, as well as future NEB lighthouse projects, with €2 million in funding. CRAFT will test collaborative local models for NEB transformations in three ‘sandbox cities' (Amsterdam, Bologna and Prague) and guide the 100 cities selected under the ‘Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities' Mission.
CrAFt is a CSA (Coordination and Support Action) under the call HORIZON-MISS-2021-CIT-01-02. It receives an EU contribution of EUR 2 million, and runs for 36 months, May 2022 – April 2025.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No. 101056946.